Vaal Orbs vs lvl20 gems - THE WAR - 23% omg

+1 level

Got 10+ gems that either lost a level or nothing happened. This included several tries on wrath/anger and some on PoF/PoL/empower.

Chest has most wins, think rest are fails.

Auras are probably weighted greater than normal gems.
Last edited by Worldbreaker on Apr 28, 2014, 8:25:00 AM
"
Bermag wrote:
Is the -1 level permanent or just lowering current level (so you have to level it back only). I guess it is permanent ie is setting max level. If that is true then maybe for those who corrupted gems wih a level below 20 and "nothing" happened actually had something happen but it will not show until gem get to lvl 20?
Corrupted gems still get experience and can level. So the -1 level is not permanent. All it cost you was time to regain the level. There really is no downside to corrupting auras. Losing quality means nothing and losing a level just means you have to relevel it. Of course, soon you may corrupt an aura into a Vaal aura, which might not be what you want.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

got the 21 on my first try, not so lucky after that one.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"

Added another -

No lvl 21 :(

Time to level another one!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
If you are after a level 21 discipline definitely corrupt any level 20s you have before tomorrow's patch when the new vaal discipline comes out. From my experience there seems to be a much higher probability to end up with the vaal version (if there is one) of any gem. I'm 3 of 3 bricking my level 20 arcs with useless vaal arc.
"
Eyedol wrote:
If you are after a level 21 discipline definitely corrupt any level 20s you have before tomorrow's patch when the new vaal discipline comes out. From my experience there seems to be a much higher probability to end up with the vaal version (if there is one) of any gem. I'm 3 of 3 bricking my level 20 arcs with useless vaal arc.

Yup. I tripled down on Disciplines being leveled in my slots and am racing to get them leveled before the patch hits.

I'm a little terrified of doing my 20q ST as well. (have one backup going but ye...)
geez

I still havent levelled my first set of gems to 20 in ambush and yall are already at like 3
Last edited by KuyaMoko on Apr 29, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

updated with -

Both negative outcomes, including the ruining of the Inc Crit Dmg gem completely. Doubt it's even sellable now.

New 20q versions of both going in for leveling. No breaks tonight on the Vaal orbs :(
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

updated with -

Both negative outcomes, including the ruining of the Inc Crit Dmg gem completely. Doubt it's even sellable now.

New 20q versions of both going in for leveling. No breaks tonight on the Vaal orbs :(

Gems like increased crit, faster attacks, faster casting etc aren't worth the risk IMO. The best you could really hope for is an extra 1-2% at the risk of ruining the gem completely.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info