Freida's Rocky Fire: Dual Flame Totem + EB + MoM + Arctic Armor + 3 Auras - Cheapest and Safest ever

Hi, everyone.

I'm proudly present to you one of my builds that I found most efficient and not less effective in any sense. The idea is to incorporate a good offense (with 2 Flame Totems) and a GODLY defense (with Mind over Matter + Arctic Armor + Iron Reflex + Grace aura)

How did I do that? Of course, you'll be easy to see this build will need a large pool of Mana and high mana regen to sustain because not only each Flame Totem requires more than 220 mana (with a 5L skill) to cast, but Mind over Matter and Arctic Armor also eat up your mana at an insane rate. However, the answer is simple: Eldritch Battery + Clarity + either Discipline aura or high ES gears.

Pros
- Cheap to build.
- Damage from fast-cast physical and fire projectile attacks will be mitigated to 0 (Video will be updated later to demonstrate).
- Highly tanky (can tank strongboxes for your totems/party member).
- You'll never die because of reflect dmg (because your totems deal dmg, NOT YOU).
- You can continuously cast your totems non-stop, which enable you to hold bosses/tough enemies back -> You're safe while still damaging your opponents.
- Hit & Run now becomes Hitting while Running (you run, your totems hit, lol)

Cons
- Need some time to find the suitable gears (with lots of mana regen)
- Tanking anything before you can sustain Arctic Armor is highly doubted (but with Hit & Run strategy and your Totems, you can still safely go leveling)
- Very decent clear speed, even slow for certain maps (mobs with high elemental or fire res)
- Your totems are easy to die -> you will have to replace the dead ones very often.
- Your totems are highly vulnerable to Thorns reflect (but Elemental reflect is not a big deal and Physical reflect is none of our concern)

The setup:

Skills

4L/5L/6L Chest Amor
Flame Totem - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Faster Casting - Faster Projectiles - Fire Penetration if 5L - Added Chaos Damage if 6L

3L Weapon/Off-Hand
1st 3L: Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Faster Casting
2nd 3L: Flammability/Elemental Weakness - Faster Casting - Arctic Armor

4L Gears
1st 4L: Reduced Mana - Clarity - Grace - Discipline
2nd 4L: Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Molten Shiell - Flammability/Enfeeble/Elemental Weakness
3rd 4L: Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Bandit Quest
Normal: Help Oak for 40 HP
Cruel: Kill all for 1 passive point
Merciless: Kill all for 1 passive point

Current Gears

Calculations:

DPS
My current Totem DPS is around 1k6 (5L with lv 18 totem and support gems) for each projectile. Therefore, for 5 projectiles, the real dps of each totem will be 1k6 * 5 = 8k. And I can summon 2 totems, so it will be 16k dps in total.

Note that my gears are very decent and therefore every number can be improved with better gears. This build is also based on cheap gears anyway.

Other stats
HP 2k2
Mana 2k7 (with Discipline) -> 800+ mana remains with 3 auras (Grace + Discipline + Clarity)
Mana Regen 390mana/s (lv18 Arctic Armor only requires 210mana/s at most)
Armor 5k8 = 37% Physical dmg reduction (with Grace)
All Elemental Res at 75%
Chaos Res at -25%

Note that everything can be improve with gears and flasks
Last edited by narumegami on Mar 25, 2014, 5:15:14 AM
Totem's dmg is always total crap. No normal aoe dmg. They always die, you won't be able to do most of cleave/aoe dmg based bosses. Maybe it's ok to go solo with this build(but I doubt), but in party everyone will say:"damn, this guy is doing nothing!"
"
alfapf wrote:
Totem's dmg is always total crap. No normal aoe dmg. They always die, you won't be able to do most of cleave/aoe dmg based bosses. Maybe it's ok to go solo with this build(but I doubt), but in party everyone will say:"damn, this guy is doing nothing!"

I have actually gone solo with this build ever since lv 1. And now I'm lv 79 already. I've alone killed all the bosses including Dominus quite easily because I can Hit & Run anytime.

Yeah, in party fight, my totems can't stand quite long, but i can tank for my totems and my teammates, and my totems have time to deal a decent amount of dmg. You may doubt it but i'm not that useless. If I was, I wouldn't post this build anyway.
I always thought that guys, who deal crap dps(except mfers, but they run tons of support auras) are useless... But I'm sure that totems are a ton better than cleavers/heavy strikers/ground slammers in yellow gear, those, who come to pack of mobs when they're about to die
Yep, agree that totem is not good for AoE, but is at least better than most melee dmg dealers, who actually invest only 2~5 nodes for dmg and the rest for armor and HP. And its single-target dmg is way better than most EK builds... BTW, don't forget that this build is cheapness, versatility and safety focused.
I also run a dual flame totem build. I was surprise how strong and safe it is. The main difference with yours is that I use Blind instead of Fire Penetration on my 5L. I also run zombies for a bit of distraction. Blind with faster projectile on wand and support gem can cover the whole screen. I don't have much armor or evasion and I don't use AA or MOM. Blind and Zombies are all the defence I need.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I also run a dual flame totem build. I was surprise how strong and safe it is. The main difference with yours is that I use Blind instead of Fire Penetration on my 5L. I also run zombies for a bit of distraction. Blind with faster projectile on wand and support gem can cover the whole screen. I don't have much armor or evasion and I don't use AA or MOM. Blind and Zombies are all the defence I need.

Yeah, I have once played with Blind and Zombies like you, lol. I just wanted to try something new, though.

It's very fun to see a pack of Voidbearers (dog-like creatures) in the Dock or Sceptre of God firing their breaths against me and I just walk around them like there's nothing to concern about, lol.

Sometimes, in a party, some members saw me tanking those dogs and then tried to imitate. Lol, guess what? Somehow it's very funny seeing them die because of their underestimation towards a Witch like me. They was like: "She can tank like that. Why can't I?"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info