Vaal orb on Unique armor

Just used vaal orb on 4linked unique armor(icetomb) and it turns to this
HOW? can somebody tell me something about this ?
It became rare and re-rolled the sockets. What else do you want to know?
@UnfairMonopoly
i want to know how this vval orbs work. i thought they'll changing standart modifiier and sockets colour(to white).M8 just used it on mightflay for exaple and get culling strike
"
I_Am_Legion wrote:
i want to know how this vval orbs work. i thought they'll changing standart modifiier and sockets colour(to white).M8 just used it on mightflay for exaple and get culling strike

Did you read the description on the orb bro? In particular, did you notice the word "unpredictable" mentioned anywhere?
Vaal orbs can change everything it seems. They can change the rarity, the mods, sockets and colors of sockets.

They can also add unique modifiers and change the implicit mods of an item.

I don't think anyone quite knows everything a vaal orb can do, but honestly it'd be safest to not use it on stuff you cannot afford to lose.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
Vaal orb has many possible outcomes : add an implicit mode (to whites/magic/rare/uniques) or change the implicit mod of an item, can reroll the stats and mods(affixes and sockets too), can change the color of sockets to white, can downgrade uniques to rares, can add or subtract lvl or quality to gems, can raise the number of affixes a map has, can level up maps (66->67, and yes 78->79) or do "nothing". In every case the result is permanent and cannot be revoked since you can NOT use further crafting materials on corrupted items (no exclusion, NO further customization after an item has been corrupted).

Use vaal orbs on mid-tier items (as GGG mentioned countless times) or if you are extremely confindent to every item you want but do NOT expect every result to be positive.

P.S. : ive seen a case where a vaal orb was used on a unique identified map and turned it to UnID
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Mar 9, 2014, 12:28:08 PM
So using them on uniques, is not a good idea right ?

I still haven't found one, to try it myself. But in theory they can make normal -> unique with random stats right ?
"
DMINATOR wrote:

I still haven't found one, to try it myself. But in theory they can make normal -> unique with random stats right ?

its not a good idea using them on anything thats valuable
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
"
DMINATOR wrote:

In general no its not a good idea to corrupt uniques, but low lvl ones can have implicit mods rolled that could make the item super effective, like the one guy who corrupted sidhebreath and got +1 curse implicit mod which made it probably one of the best summoner amulets out there, or another one who corrupted abbyssus and got gems on this item get supported by 12lvl coc (effectively turning abbyssus to 5l item).

You can get horribly powerfull combinations in every item but also ruin it forever.

I for example will vaal every low lvl unique i can find since the loss will be minimal in case the item is ruined, or some nice mid/leveling rares that can get a little bit stronger and help me, but i dont think corrupting a 6l Shavronne's in Invasion is a good idea.

P.S. the only known orb that can turn normal items to uniques is a chance orb, and personally havent seen any corruption transforming any white to unique (but it might be possible, who knows? except GGG)
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info