Do you people read ebooks?

"
BTW ebooks changed my reading pattern.

I download all ebooks I want from the net illegaly and when I finish a certain book and I like it I get a paper version, a fancy one if possible. This enables me to buy and own only stuff I really like.

Why not get into your local library/bookstore and test-read it there? :P
Sometimes they even have nice reading lounges.

I could never imagine reading a complete book without liking it and hence buying it anyway.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Feb 12, 2014, 9:13:18 AM
"
BTW ebooks changed my reading pattern.

I download all ebooks I want from the net illegaly and when I finish a certain book and I like it I get a paper version, a fancy one if possible. This enables me to buy and own only stuff I really like.

You should not pirate ebooks or other digital content. Im glad you actually buy the ones you like though.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

I could never imagine reading a complete book without liking it and hence buying it anyway.

Not only are the books I like not available - even if, then they are translated to my native language and I read only in english these days. Also - if I dislike an ebook I don't finish it, I delete it, plain and simple. Going to the city, test read something in a bookstore is too much hassle and time consuming at a certain point in life although I did use to do that when I was twenty something.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Not only are the books I like not available - even if, then they are translated to my native language and I read only in english these days. Also - if I dislike an ebook I don't finish it, I delete it, plain and simple. Going to the city, test read something in a bookstore is too much hassle and time consuming at a certain point in life although I did use to do that when I was twenty something.

I see. I'm in my "go to the bookstore and take a look around"-time, I think.

I also prefer to read literature in the original language, except it is something different than English, German or really basic Chinese. Then I will read the English version, normally. Luckily I am living in a pretty big city and it is normal for bookstores around here to have a selection of foreign language literature.

If I wouldn't have that choice, I'd probably use amazon to get new books
and send them back in the first couple of days if they suck major ass. :P

That all said, I dislike eBooks. I need my paper,
else I am too easily distracted by the electronic device I'd use.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Feb 12, 2014, 10:31:08 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Personal preferences I guess. I found that I started to read a lot more once I switched to ebooks. You never know when an hour of idling kicks in, be that at work, waiting for shit to be done in the DMV or whatever - I never carry a book on me, thingy I use for reading ebooks is always there.
It also seems to me that people disliking reading on tablets or any form of LCD really do fancy kindle, it looks like a framed paper page and does nothing else to distract you.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

[...]
It also seems to me that people disliking reading on tablets or any form of LCD really do fancy kindle, it looks like a framed paper page and does nothing else to distract you.

Yeah, thought about getting a Kindle because of that.

Probably stay to books to have a nice show off in my living room. :P
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

Probably stay to books to have a nice show off in my living room. :P

Precisely. No need to hide the meh-books anymore. Buy only hardcover elitist swag for our proud display once it passes the final ebook-test.

"
Elynole wrote:
I'll read a fictional novel as an e-Book, with my Kindle Fire. Though, most of my reading time falls into the non-fiction or technical manual category - in which I still prefer paper so I can write notes, highlight, bookmark, etc.

I too use a Kindle Fire (because I can have an app on it to also read Adobe stuff).
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info