My two lesbian doves

became mommys yesterday ^^

Spoiler

Basically started last year when my Mother was hungry and accepted a 4xdove-giftpack
3 grey ones and 1 white, turkey[land]doves(Streptopelia decaocto) or a mixed breed between them. They are meatdoves, their flyrange is limited to a range of like 100metres, their changes for successful reproduction is very low if theres no male one in the group.
They don´t go "out of the house" very far, so to say.

The white one got catched by the birdcatchingbird twice last year and survived with several heavy injuries on its back, all healed by now. She was too heavy for him.
Still wondering why he only attacked the white one, while there was snow that should have given her better visiual camouflage than greybird against whitesnow.

One then died to gluttony (natural selection)
Another one got caught by the weasel because the first one dove wasn´t there to protect her.
Now i think im left with 2 female ones, they laid eggs several times now but either always got disturbed while breeding or are lesbians.
Yesterday i was surprised to hear tweating and checked their nestingactivity to discover
that my father played a joke on them. He gave them a Chickenegg which is/was double in size.
Not to meantion that i had to laugh when i saw that.

Now i have a problem,
have to teach the little chick not to fall of the 2m high nest, because it only got like 20quadratcentimeters of space,
which is way too less for a nest-escaping creature like chick.
And how to teach the parentdoves that their child is not going to eat the way they do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Feb 11, 2014, 7:10:47 AM
I have nothing to say. I would like to add some wisdom or jokes, but I'm stumped. Or am I?

Name the chick contest!

(Damn I_NO is already taken!)

I_Peep ?

Also considered robbing a joung crow for fun, but forgot about it.
Maybe next year if the crows keep nesting there again.
But a little bit afraid of the dedication i have to bring up for such an action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I_Chick.
I'm going to birdnap that white dove!

It looks too plump and tasty!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
wth :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 11, 2014, 11:59:40 AM
Ya heard me. Gonna bake it into a pie.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
bhavv wrote:
Ya heard me. Gonna bake it into a pie.

You do that and I'll send Moonyu to do some assassin creed shit and kill you n.n
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'll save a slice for him, and he wont be able to resist the delicious aroma, om nom nom nom.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info