Is it possible to farm bosses?

I've asked multiple times in game but haven't gotten a response so I decided to give the forums a shot..

Simple question: Is boss farming a thing? Can I rerun the same areas over and over to refight bosses and farm gear?

(AKA Andarial/Duriel/Baal runs)
Last edited by shepdani on Jan 27, 2013, 2:00:05 PM
Yes you can but you either have to wait the 8 to 15 minutes for the area to reset or ctrl+click on the entrance to reset the area so the boss respawns.
Some bosses you can't simply reset and you MUST wait the 8-15. Brutus for example.
as far as i know (didn´t check every boss encounter) you have to reset the location that comes before the boss to reset him. so lets say for brutus you have to make a new prison instance to respawn him. you can´t just resett the wardens chamber.
^^ is true with pretty much all bosses you cant just reset there room you need to reset the area leading up to you so for instance the area leading to Brutus/Merveil and whatnot would reset them for ya.
There are a few "semi" bosses present where you can sort of do runs on, but killing thick dense pack of mobs is much more satisfying!
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
I've made a (hopefully) informed thread on this topic here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/77022

It's only for one boss, but I'm planning on figuring out ways for other bosses as well. My Merveil runs take about 3 minutes each and there is no waiting 8 minutes for instances to reset.
You can but you have to do the whole instance. For example Brutus, you have to reset the prison, not brutus himself.
A few days ago I thought I found a (rather exploitative) way to exploit brutus mk2.

However it turns out brutus mk2 is a random spawn in lunaris floor 2, and can't be relied upon to be near the floor 2->3 transition point.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461411552/elite-dangerous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info