Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Melee characters, specifically 2H builds, cant stack anywhere near as much Magic Find as other builds. Theyre far too reliant on having mods thatre actually useful.

100% FALSE

Especially on Softcore Leagues (I see you play Standard)

You can stack PERFECT magic find on a 2H Melee build and easily kill Dominus in Softcore. Even in Ladder.

This whole attitude of "my build can't do x this game is broken" is constantly echoed on the forums.

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jan 24, 2014, 9:13:34 PM
Like others have said loot is not that big of a problem, crafting is or gambling as you may call it. What orb we get are mainly hoarded as currencly (chaos', exalts) and add the gambling side of crafting and you have no incentive to make items yourself.
Closed Beta Member.
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Melee characters, specifically 2H builds, cant stack anywhere near as much Magic Find as other builds. Theyre far too reliant on having mods thatre actually useful.

100% FALSE

You can stack PERFECT magic find on a 2H Melee build and easily kill Dominus in Softcore. Even in Ladder.

This whole attitude of "my build can't do x this game is broken" is constantly echoed on the forums.

No, actually it isnt false.

And if youre talking about Regular Dominus i cant help but laugh.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/752276

Good example thread that shows youre talking out of your ass, buddy.

Its a pretty well established fact that 2H builds are weak, the community knows that, the developers know that, the people maining them know that.

Looks like all youre doing is trolling anyways based off your post history. http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/Swagtrain
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jan 24, 2014, 9:33:17 PM
No.
i dont like resigning myself to getting less than 2 rares per map, usually from the boss unless i stack cripplewear mf.

mf/quant needed to be removed witch patch 1.0.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

100% FALSE

No, actually it isnt false.

And if youre talking about Regular Dominus i cant help but laugh.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/752276

Good example thread that shows youre talking out of your ass, buddy.

Its a pretty well established fact that 2H builds are weak, the community knows that, the developers know that, the people maining them know that.

Looks like all youre doing is trolling anyways based off your post history. http://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-posts/Swagtrain

Solo they are not weak at all. In fact Solo a 2 handed melee character is probley 1 of the strongest , if not THE strongest.

Also totaly posible to stack alot of MF on a character like this for end game. Thing is solo u simply do not need to since your kill speed is ususaly MUCH faaster than all but the most OP geared dediacted MF characters.

Extreme kill speed + leach based tank > deicated MF character : for finding loot that is also it is a fraction of the coast to gear.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Drops are fine. Mods are boring.

It is tiresome looking for the same mods over and over again. We need unique mods that can be rolled on gear with a very low chance.

Gems in this item reserve 5% less mana
Has 10% chance to summon skeleton on kill
Cast random level curse on hit

Just random ones. Hopefully this can be done in a paid league, over time loot just became boring to me. When your reward for grinding is boring, the game itself becomes boring.
Absolutely not. This game has already surpassed d2 itemization by far what more do you want?
Does the game need loot 2.0? In my opinion no.

Could the game use some crafting items/recipes to help "force" useful items? yes.

I would be so goddam happy for a vendor recipe that guarantied one extra item socket.
"
SirSid wrote:

100% FALSE

Again, youre wrong.

Look at the thread that i linked and the players gear who calls him out on that bullshit then come back at me.

Thanks.

Ps - Its pretty well established in the community that 2H is the worst endgame choice. Theres a reason why everyone started to use 1H+Shield or Dualwield. Block is THE best defensive mechanic in the game.

Also, 2H melee is the strongest ? Yeah too bad the numbers show that youre wrong. Top builds are all caster based, but good try. (Summoner, Righteous Fire, Dual Totem, Flameblast (Which can oneshot Merciless Dominus, Discharge, Permfreeze trapper/freezing pulse, etc).

By the way, i find it cute how youre saying that 2H is the best but youre playing RF Marauder, HMMM I WONDER WHY.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Jan 24, 2014, 11:28:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info