Do you think PoE needs a "Loot 2.0" overhaul?

Is this for real?

Loot 2.0 was needed since Legendarys in D3 are basically rare items with a brown background and horribly underwhelming. The unique's in PoE are LIGHTYEARS ahead of even the loot 2.0 model

As far as drop rates are concerned(which everyone loves to confuse with itemization), that increase also came along with an entire BoA model.

Moving along...
ign BluedreaM
LvL92 411k Crit Dagger Shadow

This isn't a democracy, but I'll vote no.

I really think it would be a bad idea for the game, but it would be a particularly bad thing to do as a reaction to Blizzard doing it to their game.
"
Caessa wrote:
What we need is a "treasure goblin". Doesnt need to drop uniques or BiS gear. Just simple shit. Kill him, get 20+ scrolls of either kind, maybe 10-20 alts/trans/augs and then 1-55 higher tier orbs.

balance it out so there's not too many good orbs being dropped.

idk just my opinion.

there is already mobs with this mod, sadly they are too rare
Forum pvp
It remains to be seen if this new loot system in RoS will in fact lead to the game having any sort of longevity. People playing a little in Beta might enjoy it in the short term (and I certainly intend to play RoS at least a little) but will it lead to a game that can be played for a long time?

I stopped playing D3 because where I was in the gear progression, the only way to improve was to spend exponentially more gold to buy items that were slightly more perfectly rolled version of the same legendaries I already had. Loot 2.0 seems like it will be much of the same - it'll just devolve into trying to find (or trade without AH) more perfect version of the same OP legendaries, and to me that is way more boring than having to grind 500 hours to be able to afford to trade for a Shavronne's or whatever.
Make trading even harder by removing global communication options and limit trading in other ways. After that rebalance loot drops with limited trading in mind. Exiles have no global community. They have either some reliable trading connections or are solitary hunters.
"
lolozori wrote:
"
Caessa wrote:
What we need is a "treasure goblin". Doesnt need to drop uniques or BiS gear. Just simple shit. Kill him, get 20+ scrolls of either kind, maybe 10-20 alts/trans/augs and then 1-55 higher tier orbs.

balance it out so there's not too many good orbs being dropped.

idk just my opinion.

there is already mobs with this mod, sadly they are too rare

I just want lots more uniques. Uniques are awesome.

RoS looks good on paper but still sucks in actuality.
"
Xavderion wrote:
For everyone who is interested how RoS turned out:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11307900907?page=1

The greentexts are a very interesting read.

"
If you feed the Monkey too much juice, it will become fat and lethargic.
However, if you feed the Monkey too little juice, it will starve to death.

Kind of funny. since judging by the outcry on the PoE forums, a lot of monkeys are starving to death.
"
BLU3DR3AM wrote:
Is this for real?

Loot 2.0 was needed since Legendarys in D3 are basically rare items with a brown background and horribly underwhelming. The unique's in PoE are LIGHTYEARS ahead of even the loot 2.0 model

As far as drop rates are concerned(which everyone loves to confuse with itemization), that increase also came along with an entire BoA model.

Moving along...

+1 Perfect.

D3 "new" 2.0 loot was needed because the game is a giant piece of crap, and even after almost 1 year!!! ( i always think with myself what these guys are doing this whole time...) they come with something as bad as the previous design (BOA) that could have been done in 2 months max. Diablo 3 now doesn't even is worth of comparison with any ARPG, since it is no longer a ARPG anymore...
No sir. Loot in the 60s only gets harder to get because you are already geared to the teeth. You need specific item stats to satisfy an upgrade.

If you take everything off when you reach 60, and then start picking up items you will find upgrades just like before.
I need more purple titles

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info