The forum is full with complaints

"
adania wrote:

And to name a few ive played, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Everquest, Ultima Online, WoW(Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, CATA), Rappelz, Flyff, Diablo 2 + LoD, TA, Asheron's Call 2, Perfect World MY, Perfect World INT, Forsaken World, Neverwinter, Guild wars 1, Guild Wars 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other ARPG in that list is D2, a game that didn't *have* a popular public forum for people to complain all day long about?

Cause I will bet my left nut that if, all those years ago when D2 came out, Blizzard had a visibility-equivalent to their current B.Net forums, it would have been filled to the brim with spite, every day with people saying D2 was the worst game ever, and Blizzard are terrible people who don't know how to run a company.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
"
"
adania wrote:

And to name a few ive played, Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online, Everquest, Ultima Online, WoW(Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, CATA), Rappelz, Flyff, Diablo 2 + LoD, TA, Asheron's Call 2, Perfect World MY, Perfect World INT, Forsaken World, Neverwinter, Guild wars 1, Guild Wars 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only other ARPG in that list is D2, a game that didn't *have* a popular public forum for people to complain all day long about?

Cause I will bet my left nut that if, all those years ago when D2 came out, Blizzard had a visibility-equivalent to their current B.Net forums, it would have been filled to the brim with spite, every day with people saying D2 was the worst game ever, and Blizzard are terrible people who don't know how to run a company.

lolno exact opposite d2 was filled with joy and never realy lost anyone because it was the best dungeoncrawler of its time and unmatched.

i.e it had no competition.
it is the godfather basically of hack n slash (im sry DOSgames i love you too)

anyway to the supporterguy spouting his usual crap again regarding droprates - if people like me and others run with almost full MF gear and solo maps from 74-78 for days upon days with the occasional dominus grind and theyve yet to loot an eternal / exalt / maponly unique with 100s of hours of playtime then they get frustrated and quit.

Get this through your thick skulls - the game is bleeding because reasons.
the reasons are not being dealt with by GGG they´re being ignored.
they release bandaids and minicontent on a biweekly basis then make promises of "herp new trade system" how about fuck the shiteconomy this isnt a 2nd real life simulator and im not on a quest to become the new wall street banker of stocks and auctions.

i
want
EPIC
LOOT
on the
FUCKING
floor

i dont want it out of jimmies or bobbies hardearned pockets with pixelmoney.
i want selfgratification , sense of achievement and not be on the grind for alteration orbs and alchemy shards nahmean dawg ?
nahmsayn mayng.

das wassup and das why most of us aint playin much anymoh
It may be because the core concept and design of PoE made many people think (and I still think it, but I'm in the "wait and see" mode :) that it would be one of the best game to spend years playing. And that it would replace D3 (that they waited 10 years for !). I think I even clicked on an ad that said "everything you ever wanted for diablo 3" when I discovered PoE.
That made them have high expectations, and they feel (a little bit rightly may I say) let down when the game is being "released" and many more "content" update are being done, and no answers are being made on some issues that seems detrimental to the whole game.
It's already a great game, don't get me wrong. But some of those angry people are angry because it could be so much more, it could be the game of the decade for many. Not for every gamers of the world of course, but it could be the game of the decade for the 1~5% of the world gamers that likes this type of game. Right now, I have great fun with the game, but I don't see myself being still motivated to play in 5 years. Not if desync is still as horrible and I still can't craft/self-found without feeling that i progress like a snail (I'm a competitive guy, so it's hard psychologically to not use every means to progress, even if those means kill all my fun. I know it's retarded, but most competitive people are like me, that's why they can't force themselves to play self-found even if they KNOW that it would be more fun).
Chris: "Path of Exile’s economy is the most important element of the game to us".
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55102
Too bad they don't see how good the ARPG element of their game is...
Last edited by SibaSt on Jan 24, 2014, 1:16:47 PM
Goto reddit and have a love fest from fanboy's, come to forums for the truth. Chris prefers reddit...
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Back then we were thinking "beta is beta bro we'll get perfection with release".
Well 3G made their dream happen with nerfed to the ground drop rate and forced trading/partying so yea working as intended.
Btw i love the game.
I don't like this thread; far too much complaining.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul...
ha he make a complain thread to complain about the complai lol this is so iron
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
I guess i will never understand people who get something for free and still complain like little teenagers.
don't read to much into it , it is easy complain about something when you find your self the free time to think about it.

most of the peeps complaining about the game still happily plod along in it ,
(unless we suffered a burn out from a 3k + fusing binge) those people wont be back for a few months

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jan 24, 2014, 4:13:01 PM
That's all I've come to expect from game forums. Go to reddit if you want a decent discussion. Even the devs understand that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info