Lightning Strike/ Life Leech / Fast Attack Build

Lightning Strike/ Life Leech / Fast Attack Build

This is the kind of build I have in mind for my duelist, but I'm having a lot of trouble building the skills properly. The idea is to utilize Iron Grip to buff Lightning Strike, attack really fast, and to gain life off of the fast attacking AoE.

I'm only level 20 and as of now, I'm having major Mana issues. I was wondering if anyone has a build similar to this and has some advice for a some noob on a forum? I'm still learning the game and am trying to check out other people's builds and learn from their weaknesses and strength. Is this kind of character possible?

EDIT:
I spent some time this morning doing my best to combine these strengths and these are what I have. You may notice none of them have Increased X to weapon because I was undecided on what weapon I am going to use.

Here's a duelist variation.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmy34ocKOGbRqk7ZBWhoshXTxwA_STdXtnrnK0yzpxLjV-N0N_MU6szWGnaq5zWegh3ZKfVb6dEGkwhR1Dq0ppXjr3ILnCiFgQKAFLcRYJ9VgS3rvdO3vTii1YIhVqZe0rLphUjIJn8u_1USesHPstvH0U7tWBIZgOlIOPBRxQar46_cycql82ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiXflBLMUTaIAgzidgGBt3fNdxkbXFSAqTT8nbqoyfg==

Here's a marauder variation.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_Pfx8uCkuZ5vUjxkuud3yL-8OJ-2sqnKpfNn3MvjrQaoUcQ48OlKGYFYEYVKfy2CIv9VEnrBz7Lbx9FO7Vakote9OQKAhYAUtxFgn1WBLeu907XTxnrkY20OcDq0ppRR1dEGkwlnzwBqQVaeEGjjsOFfiMol35QSzFE2DOJ2AYG3d813GRteiAMT2PC3Grrc-erhs9q6Tbqoyfpe0rLrh2jIJLIVaGluv3Q06sw==

As of now, I think this build is way more suited for a marauder since dex in this build doesn't give too much of a bonus.

What is everyone's option/criticism? Better paths, better alternatives, weaknesses, pluses?

PS: This is my first build, still getting used to things.

Thanks

EDIT#2:
Right after I made this, I realized I spent a lot of points into life, when the point of the build is it leech a lot. I possible change will be to save some points from the life nodes and place them in increased attack speed. I will edit this when I get the chance in the future.
Last edited by UnderworldSkull on Jan 24, 2013, 11:45:39 AM
Life leech in PoE is actually a regeneration it applies to you with a cap of 20% of your total life per second. So life, in addition to just being nice in general, does actually directly help your life leech. I'm not really good with builds, so I can't really help out much with that much.

Just thought I'd let you know that life does increase your life leech.
"
Fumbles wrote:
Life leech in PoE is actually a regeneration it applies to you with a cap of 20% of your total life per second. So life, in addition to just being nice in general, does actually directly help your life leech. I'm not really good with builds, so I can't really help out much with that much.

Just thought I'd let you know that life does increase your life leech.

Ohhhh, alright, thanks! This is actually a big help.
Once you get some auras like clarity etc you can run off of a very small mana pool with super high regen. Finding items with mana regen may be important but once you hit cruel whether you're hc or sc kiting and defence will take precedence to LS spamming. I don't really think you could get LL that high to negate huge shock/freeze burst.
You say you have mana issues, you're using the bloodmagic highway, yet you're not taking blood magic, why? It's not even out of your way, a single point investment fixes all your mana woes.

You also picked two 0.4% liferegen nodes, but ignored a 1% liferegen node.

You're also ignoring Blood Drinker, 2% lifeleech on all attack damage, which is a mere 2 points away.
Last edited by Kaerius on Jan 27, 2013, 10:02:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info