Building House in Path of Exile.

Please-please, dont send me in minecraft immediately, I know this game ins't a Farmville or Minecraft.

But, let me dream a bit?

My favourite games always were Action/RPGs like Diablo 2, Mount&Blade Warband, and now Path of Exile.
On other side, Minecraft is the legendary game, which gave me awesome experience. Why can't we use some ideas from it?

So, how about each act of game has a location for building house, which can be reached from town. I mean it could be free location, or only reachable through quests, or buyable for 200 ggg points.

How you build?
interface of building in UO
interface of building in Hearthfire

So it could be done in several ways, i think the most suitable here, is the variant which were in Ultima Online and in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC.
We have several patterns of rooms and parts of houses (each act can have different patterns, so that we get buildings of different style).
We can get these patterns from NPC in town, or looting schemes from monsters, or buying for points.
After that we are free to use the schemes to construct a complete house, and to add or improve some parts later.
Wood, stone, iron = building materials - can be get by melting different weapons and armors for example.

How building a house links with Action/RPG?
house in Ultima Online
Building in process in Skyrim Hearthfire
just fun comic

1) first of all - it's a greater customization of your gameplay and a way to show your creativity (Notch got millions from giving players a way to show their creativity. And as i know, GGG loves customization, and they brought many innovative ideas in genre.
2) Extra Stash tabs - could be represented by real stashes in your house. (You can still reach all tabs from your global chest, but you can also reach individual stashs from your house.)
3) Mannequins - you can keep your shiny unique items on mannequins - it will be beautiful - and it can be used instead of public stashes - players can buy these armors from you, right from mannequin for example.
4) Your number of characters will mean that you should have enough rooms and beds for each
5) house is a perfect place for Guild Storage
6) houses could be a cool place for random encounters - like bandits invasion or smthng like that
7) house could be a place for your colletion of monsters scarecrow

I dont know, what you think guys about this, but IMHO it could be a great-great addon or DLC for Path of Exile. Share your opinions. :)
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jan 21, 2013, 4:59:44 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's not that I don't think POHs would be a bad addition to the game, but I feel like there are more important things to focus on in this stage of the development. The time it would take to properly work out a system like this, they could potentially create an entire act of the game.
Devs promised to support the game for ten years. They can spend the, hmmm, 4th year on this. :D
This game is not a MMOrpg like UO
This game is not an rpg like Skyrim

Not illegal to continue dreaming though.

I'd rather GGG place continued emphasis on the action-role play bit. Not any sim-city bits.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
I'm gonna say +1 in hope of this making it in a future expansion.
i whould really love this its just....I dont see where you whoule be able to build a house,u cant do it on urban places cause there is not much space there and to build it up in the middle of nowhere around monsters makes no point atall.
ZOOOMG! ROFLSTOMP! LMAO!
Seriously houses in Path of exile? Read the game name! Path of Exile! You are an exiled character thrown away in Wraeclast to suffer and die in this god forsaken island! Let's keep in that way.
And next thing you do - build a nice house with a kindergarten and a swimming pool surrounded by flamingo statues? How about ponies that you can feed and then they need to poop, haven't thought about that? I know how things like that look like in the end... No thanks.

Please get back to whatever you were playing before. Developers have more important things to do than this for the next 100 years.

I'm not even going to discuss this bizarre topic.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Jan 21, 2013, 4:01:45 PM
"
hellzer wrote:

And next thing you do - build a nice house with a kindergarten and a swimming pool surrounded by flamingo statues? How about ponies that you can feed and then they need to poop, haven't thought about that?

cool description. :))
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Jan 21, 2013, 4:28:05 PM
I hate houses in mmo's. Exception, I suppose, could be a game that allows you to build in limited, thus competitive, real estate. Otherwise, having a magical little pocket dimension of limitless space where everybody can build their dorky little metropolis.. Just plain annoys me :)

Although I suppose it might be fun to skin some bandits, harvest the bones of animated skeletons, and the tentacles of those cute lil' hentai-rape spawn, to craft a little lean-to to rest in. On the other hand, Act 3 takes place in a city with plenty of abandoned buildings. Just pretend your character is squatting in one of those ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
i dont like this idea, sorry. I love houses in skyrim tho but this is path of EXILE, the whole point of being an exile is NOT to have a house, one owning a house would sieze to be an exile!

also its action RPG, so since you dont want me to send you to minecraft ill send you to Sims, you sound like you could enjoy Sims

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info