EXPLOSION! Dual Wield - DS/Infernal Blow/Molten Shell

IMPORTANT:
This build is extremely unrefined and untested.
After more thought, I've concluded that a Marauder with Elemental Hit, and stacking Elemental Damage is going to produce more damage, while being able to survive better. If you'd like to see the new build, see:http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/156504

Do you like going berserk? Do you like fire damage? Do you like jumping through the skies like a madman, landing like a meteor impacting earth, exploding and sending those dirty bastard mobs to hell? Me too. Let's do it.

Passive Skill Tree:

Passive Tree - 22 Points

http://tinyurl.com/22Points
Starting off with some basic one hand damage nodes, lots of life, and finally heading down to the 15% all resists node.

Passive Tree - 40 Points

http://tinyurl.com/40Points
Immediately head over and get Iron Reflexes, Ambidexterity, and Celerity. Then head up and pick up the bundle of HP nodes along with the +30 int node so you can level up your auras.

Passive Tree - 68 Points

http://tinyurl.com/68Points
Start working your way left to the 2% Lifesteal node and the couple of hp nodes under it. Then speed to Resolute Technique. Missing is so lame. Next, pick up the % fire damage nodes. This will make it so your Infernal Blow will AoE mobs down much faster. Then get lava lash above for the fire damage.

Passive Tree - 74 Points

http://tinyurl.com/74Points
All I've done here is moved down and picked up Unwavering Stance and the 15% Attack speed node. Invaluable for being able to survive. If you want to, you can get these before you start moving over to Resolute Technique.

Passive Tree - 89 Points
http://tinyurl.com/89Points
First, get Leather and Steel. At this point you should have lots of Evasion, which it adds to, then after your evasion is converted to armor it adds to it again. Then pick up Dervish for the damage and Block. The block helps your Molten Shell explode quicker. Then get the 2 Gallantry nodes, one north of Resolute Technique, one South of the starting point. Then get fencing located right above the cluster of hp nodes on the right.

Passive Tree - 111 Points

http://tinyurl.com/111Points
Fill in the rest of the nodes in whatever order you like. You'll probably want to get the armor nodes first. Or damage. Honestly, in whatever order you like at this point, I don't know. I've never even been close to this amount of points, so I can't really say what's best at this point.

Skill Gems and Support Gems (Supports listed in order of importance)

Primary:

Dual Strike-=-Life Leech-=-Blood Magic-=-Increased Physical Damage
This is your general single target spell. Use it when there is only one monster in range.

Secondary:

Infernal Blow-=-Life Leech-=-Blood Magic-=-Added Fire Damage-=-Fire Penetration-=-Increased Area of Effect
This will be doing massive AoE damage. With the fire passives, and fire support gems the aoe damage will be quite high. Be sure not to use this to explode elemental reflect mobs or you will have a bad time.

Supplemental:

Molten Shell-=-Added Fire Damage-=-Life Leech-=-Increased Area of Effect
Cast this before you run into a group of mobs. Once again, If this pops in the middle of a bunch of elemental reflect mobs, you're gonna have a bad time, m'kay?

Supplemental:

Leap Strike-=-Faster Attacks-=-Situational (Blood Magic if your mana pool is bad at this point, Life Leech for the lols, whatever else you can think of.)
After you cast Molten Shell, use this to hop in the middle of the fight. Be prepared to explode!

Supplemental:

Enduring Cry-=-Faster Casting-=-Blood Magic (You can reverse them if you want)
Pop this in the middle of a group of mobs before you explode if you want some more resists/armor

Auras1:
Purity-=-Wrath-=-Grace-=-Reduced Mana Cost
Resists, damage, and we'll even reduce the price for you!

Auras2:
Anger-=-Added Fire Damage-=-Reduced Mana
Burn, burn, burn!

See you, Space Cowboy...
Last edited by Origination on Feb 16, 2013, 6:41:28 PM
I would get Unwavering Stance shortly after getting Iron Reflexes.
Afterwards you can still skill towards Resolute Technique.

I only see Unwavering Stance in your last skill tree with 111 Points which is way to late to pick this skill because as melee you should be stun immune, especially because Act 3 in OB will be very tough even on Normal / Cruel.

Hopefully i could help you with my thoughts.
"
aonu wrote:
I would get Unwavering Stance shortly after getting Iron Reflexes.
Afterwards you can still skill towards Resolute Technique.

I only see Unwavering Stance in your last skill tree with 111 Points which is way to late to pick this skill because as melee you should be stun immune, especially because Act 3 in OB will be very tough even on Normal / Cruel.

Hopefully i could help you with my thoughts.

Hrm, you're probably right. I'd probably work that in somewhere around 60. I'll change it. I haven't tried this build yet, it's what I planned on trying our after open beta comes out.
See you, Space Cowboy...
Are you going to test that build on Soft- or Hardcore?

If you planned to play this on HC, i would recommend to test it on SC first because the difficulty in OB will most likely be increased. At least that's what i learned from Kripparian's Alpha streams. But maybe they adjust the actual Alpha difficulty, so it's more casual friendly because in OB there will be a lot new players.

In generell testing a build in SC is a good way to explore the new environment, the new monster types (in Act 3) etc. and to find out if the build is viable in HC or if it needs certain adjustments.
"
aonu wrote:
Are you going to test that build on Soft- or Hardcore?

If you planned to play this on HC, i would recommend to test it on SC first because the difficulty in OB will most likely be increased. At least that's what i learned from Kripparian's Alpha streams. But maybe they adjust the actual Alpha difficulty, so it's more casual friendly because in OB there will be a lot new players.

In generell testing a build in SC is a good way to explore the new environment, the new monster types (in Act 3) etc. and to find out if the build is viable in HC or if it needs certain adjustments.

Not gonna try this on HC at all probably. I don't know though. The main problems I see with this build are
1.) It won't deal with groups of fire resist mobs very well.
2.) It would take quite a while for it to start working well
3.) The chance of one shotting yourself to reflect mobs is very high, If your molten shell or Infernal blow explodes on a group of reflect mobs I'm pretty sure you'd just one shot yourself, but I guess that is preventable if you pay attention to every single pack of mobs.

See you, Space Cowboy...
This looks like a hell of a lot of fun, for sure gonna try this out. Great description and guide for it as well.
I'm going to modify this and try it with 2h Axes. I've been looking for a build to try 2h Axes with and this seems like it would work well. :3
What stats on your gear will you be looking for specifically?
Can you post a video please :D Would love to see it in action :)
IGN: @tagames
Are you sure Added fire damage supports Molten shell ? The damage didn't increase when i added the fire damage.. Added fire damage = Physical damage added as fire damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info