Preparing for OB! LS Duelist!

I am planning to go as a High HP - High HP Regen - Lightning Strike Duelist! The skills I plan on using is: Lightning Strike, Leap Slam, Anger, Conductivity, Enduring Cry, Vitality, and Molten Shell (maybe). Wasn't too sure if these skills were the right choice but I was just going off what I was going to be doing for my build. Wasn't too sure in the passive skill tree if I should take off a couple points so I can go after Iron Reflexes or not cause in the end if will give more much more armor than getting armor based gear. What do you guys think I should change or add in to this build?
Last edited by Bexcuno on Jan 17, 2013, 8:44:25 PM
Awesome build, I'm actually planning on making an extremely similar build for OB, a lighting strike marauder. I think your a little crazy not to get IR and Unwavering Stance and Berserking since they are so close. Also point blank is amazing with lighting strike as well, unless you just plan on using the gem. This is what my build looks like on the Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPd2WFXDdIhns2nMPe-ducB5zboOlLfv4ZgVgRhUjIJn8tgiCi1705dAECgBS1gS3rvdO3EWCfVIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUUdcHYdEGkwlb6_MVnoId2Sn0UIFBH3Q06szWGnaq5ze4OI_bv8FpITsg1kg==

I'm staying around the bottom of the tree to grab all the sword damage passives as soon as I grab all of those life nodes. Might go in the middle of the duelist to grab that 1% regen. The build is really amazing so far.

For your build I recommend you change it to this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecCcQSxBLMFLRLhFE0UUhkuGjgaVSFgJ9Un7S3SMok26DpSOthAoEd-TGBQUFPfVElXDVfiWGNY21nzXz9gS2EhZKNlTXTtdPF253fleu-E2YTvjM-QVZHOmSubg565ns2fPqIAouqnMKeEq8WsqrT5ud277cAaxFjG2MqQzNvSIdSP2WHfv-dS7DjvDvAf8i_z3fZI974Y20OcDq0ppRR1dEGkwmFSn8syCYZgVgQ=
You'd have to probably sacrifice something to grab them but it's definitely worth it IMO.
Last edited by Oroboro on Jan 18, 2013, 1:25:02 AM
You're gonna find that you'll get demolished without any armor nodes, especially with the Granite flask nerf.

Plus since it looks like you're aiming for a bunch of Endurance charges, you'll benefit even more from throwing on some armor nodes, you should at least consider getting the 12/12/30% ones right near the start of the duelist entrance.

Also, like Oro said, I would consider getting Unwavering and Berserk ing as well as Resolute technique, since you have 0% accuracy nodes.

Honestly though, you can probably skip being a duelist (unless you really have your heart set on being a duelist for the name/model and go with Marauder start.

For the most part, really consider getting Resolute Technique - missing really sucks and slows DPS considerably.
IGN: @LordStormakov - PM me if I win any bids.
Last edited by LordStormakov on Jan 18, 2013, 2:54:38 AM
I know that I probably will lack damage but I wasn't sure if I should reduce some points so I can get Iron Reflexes cause Evasion Armor with Iron Reflexes will probably have more armor.
I have adjusted my build for it as well with armor nodes
Leather and Steel with iron reflexes give u double armor - why points on flat armor nodes?

here my suggestion -52 flat armor - 8hp%/ +30 agi improve accuracy + 3 point in eva/armor nods. its 200% effective

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecCcQSxBLMFLQ6tEuEUTRRSGNsZLho4GlUhYCfVJ-0pLimlLdIyiTboOlI62Ds7PfxAoEOcR35MYFBQU99USVcNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko3TtdPF253fleu98uITZhO-Mz5BVkc6ZK5uDnrmezZ8-ogCi6qcwp4SrxayqtPm53bvtwBrEWMbYypDM29Ih1I_ZYd-_51LsOO8O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vr6n1e3STcAP

30 agi = + 60 accuracy 6% evasion, LaS + 40armor + 40 evasion
132 agi its 26.4 evasion * 40% +40 armor = much more than 52 armor
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Last edited by Doitfrlulz on Jan 18, 2013, 12:11:23 PM
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:
Leather and Steel with iron reflexes give u double armor - why points on flat armor nodes?

here my suggestion -52 flat armor - 8hp%/ +30 agi improve accuracy + 3 point in eva/armor nods. its 200% effective

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAecCcQSxBLMFLQ6tEuEUTRRSGNsZLho4GlUhYCfVJ-0pLimlLdIyiTboOlI62Ds7PfxAoEOcR35MYFBQU99USVcNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko3TtdPF253fleu98uITZhO-Mz5BVkc6ZK5uDnrmezZ8-ogCi6qcwp4SrxayqtPm53bvtwBrEWMbYypDM29Ih1I_ZYd-_51LsOO8O8B_yL_Pd9kj3vr6n1e3STcAP

30 agi = + 60 accuracy 6% evasion, LaS + 40armor + 40 evasion
132 agi its 26.4 evasion * 40% +40 armor = much more than 52 armor

This is wrong. It gives you a flat increase to Evasion % then Armour %. So 3 points in Steel Skin will net you 50% increase vs 6 points in Steel Skin netting 40% increase. So basically if you plan on using hybrid Evasion/Armour gear leather and steal would be better but using pure evasion which would net you higher armour, pure evasion and pure armour nodes are more efficient.

It used to work how you described it but it no longer double dips.
IGN : Jackyboy_Trade
Last edited by Jackyboy on Jan 18, 2013, 1:40:49 PM
"
u make common mistake prefer 0.4 + 0.4 hp regen under +24% life -3.9 % is enough to heal you very fast.
And what type of weapons u think use, because that random 1 point in mace dmg disturbs me. All builds like these i see before choose 2h weapon. Goin 1h make sense if u planing use shield with mace/wand or dual wielding.
ign - FancySneakyDevil
What do you mean about the hp regen? Should I get less? and I probably accidently hit the mace point lol, I plan on either using a sword or mace depending on the time of what I get, not too sure of what I'm going to main as yet.
yeah 0.8 regen its nothing if u alrdy have ~4%, +24% to hp make u more tanky and add regen rate wich based on max hp number.
Lets see numbers
1000 hp - 4 % its 40 hp reg/sec
1000 hp - 4.8 its 48 hp reg/sec
1240 hp - 4% its 49.6 hp reg/sec

Lets suppose u found item +100 to hp

1100 hp - 52.4 hp regen with 4.8
1100+24% its
1364 hp - 54.56 hp regen and MORE chances not been one-shoted due total hp

now u see what i mean?

ign - FancySneakyDevil

Report Forum Post

Report Account: