Backbeards Dual Arctic breath totem build

Hello there my name is Backbeard and I have been getting alot of questions about this build from my stream and figured I should just make a forum post about it.

My stream if your interested

twitch.tv/depimpe (generally stream late PST)

So the idea with the build you want to transition generally fairly late I would suggest around act 3 merciless and a 5 link makes it much better. When you would get to this point you would have enough points in the build to have a fairly good crit chance and some decent crit multiplier.

What I do to level is start out with freeze pulse. But I make sure to get at least an item level 15 wand to get +1 cold gems on it, and make it a 3 link. With this wand you can get another wand for the beginning of the game for increased clearspeed through the easy zones.

When the game starts to get challenging make sure to get a shield, generally I suggest Ceremonial Kite Shield / Angelic Kite Shield if your having resistance issues. Or you can focus on getting more Energy shield and possibly spell damage on the offhand.

The leveling spec

Level 47 build

http://tinyurl.com/shatterthatshoe

You will need to see how much life you need to feel comfortable, I tried twice on leveling with only 7 health nodes but I ran into issues and died. Once I tried with 11 health nodes I had no issue though.

Level 81 spec (currently at and CI)

http://tinyurl.com/chillthatcrossdressingcow

Level 87 Spec (What I have planned initally)

http://tinyurl.com/freezethatfoible

The level 87 spec was the first spec I tried out and I was only using a level 1 arctic breath and leveled it to around 4 on merci ledge handling the mobs easily. This is what really inspired me to try this out.

Overall this spec is generally all about trying to enhance your crit and crit multiplier, so you will be able to freeze anything. Right now on my character with all my powercharges up I have around

41.5% crit chance
707% crit multi

With my current character I calculated my current damage and my cold is currently hitting for about 3900 with LMP and 4900 with cold pen (factoring in crit weakness).

Here is the gear I have gotten so far, I am currently not capped on resistance and I really need to either find a new helm or eternal exalt my shield.

The 2 wands in the offhand are for leveling gems

Also on the topic of that I have an enhance on there I am currently leveling which I will put with 2 curses ideally crit weakness and enfeeble. The quality on curses is very important so this will end up adding alot of damage overall.

Anyways I appreciate you taking the time to read this and hope you get some good ideas from looking at this build.

Feel free to stop by my stream at

twitch.tv/depimpe

Thanks for looking!
nice and innovating build! ill go a similiar route and will try to get some mf in
Hey, just wondering ur thoughts on the bandits with this build?
Could you test it with a Frost Wall and a Fork somehow ? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info