Cyclone+Multistrike+Quicksilver flask = desyncdeath2000

As the title says, I went all bananas last night trying to make my maruader (whom up until act 2 merc made all the mobs into mush, thank you very much) and the thing I did was do go Cyclone with Multistrike and to get around a tad faster, Quicksilver flask. Little did I know I where on the brink of destroying the entire interwebs. Holy cow I got to witness the biggest desync so far.

So here's the thing, it was totally viable with life gain on hit gem, could jump into a pack of rares and elites and stay at 100% hp..... Until I popped up on the other side of the F-ing map, dead.

Is there a way around the whole desync thingy going on? I have a fully capable internet connection, Sweden here by the way. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

/Lisascheesefactory C.E.O
Don't use multistrike with cyclone
And get /oos on macro
Unfortunately as many fun combinations of skills that are in the game.. You have to build around de sync at the minute.

That's no excuse and it's not a deserved answer but it's the facts.
"
adrinatoren wrote:
And get /oos on macro

I don't get to use a gem that's in the game because the game can't handle it? Well that's a huge bummer..

Also I'm aware of the /oos thingy, thou I'm not a pro hacker to program a macro. Kinda not cool that I have to do all that as a player because the mechanics don't work correct.

So that's it huh? No magic I can do outside of the game to make it work? Those gem combos where real fun.
"
Maxwells wrote:
"
adrinatoren wrote:
And get /oos on macro

I don't get to use a gem that's in the game because the game can't handle it? Well that's a huge bummer..

Also I'm aware of the /oos thingy, thou I'm not a pro hacker to program a macro. Kinda not cool that I have to do all that as a player because the mechanics don't work correct.

So that's it huh? No magic I can do outside of the game to make it work? Those gem combos where real fun.

Cyclone + multistrike combo makes it so that you lose control of your char because the attack animations are a lot longer :)
"
RazersGhost wrote:
You have to build around de sync at the minute.

That sounds quite ridiculous. I m not speaking as a programmer but simply as a player.
This is the main problem, and the main question is:

will it ever be fixed?

It's a server issue, or a programming issue or what? Will forever be PoE = desync? Did GGG ever answered about this? (sorry I couldnt find anything)
IGN: Phoneutrial (main) - Insydious - HuRyuMonJi - Cercasalsicce - Hyeronimous
"
pathofkame wrote:
"
RazersGhost wrote:
You have to build around de sync at the minute.

That sounds quite ridiculous. I m not speaking as a programmer but simply as a player.
This is the main problem, and the main question is:

will it ever be fixed?

It's a server issue, or a programming issue or what? Will forever be PoE = desync? Did GGG ever answered about this? (sorry I couldnt find anything)

You should not be made to build around desync. I too am trying to figure out when or even IF they can fix this issue... You think they would have by now. Multistrike+Cyclone would be epic fun if it were fixed.
"
pathofkame wrote:

Desync can never be completely eliminated, it's just more prominent in PoE due to how their natcode is handled, as I understand it. They are very aware of the problem but the solution would require a fairly heavy rewrite and take up a lot of their resources. Keep in mind they're a small company with a limited budget and manpower.

To make the long story short, the main problem is almost everything is done server-side and prediction is pretty bad. They could transfer more authority to the client but it would raise the problem of cheating then. Desync is pretty bad, yes, but between that and cheating I choose desync.

About your particular problem, just don't use multistrike, cyclone isn't a spammy skill so you can click it away yourself perfectly fine. Not to mention it can be very dangerous to lose control of it for any longer than absolutely necessary.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 5, 2013, 4:18:16 AM
"
raics wrote:
Keep in mind they're a small company with a limited budget and manpower.

This cant be the answer. Really, it can't, nowadays. Linux sucked for years and the "it's free" answer made me go mad.
I've been playing for a short time, and I will for sure give support with some transactions, for the fun up to now.
But If I cant play in a comfortable way when things will get mercilessly seroius... Then I'll left, I think.
Beside that, great compliments to GGG for the ideas and philosophy of this game, it could have been a milestone.

"
raics wrote:

Desync is pretty bad, yes, but between that and cheating I choose desync.

I ... well... I'm not sure anymore
IGN: Phoneutrial (main) - Insydious - HuRyuMonJi - Cercasalsicce - Hyeronimous
It shouldn't be a choice of 'either or'. Other companies have managed to make similar games without the problem being so bad. Of course GGG is a small company and all that, but if problems like this are not eliminated quickly, they will die a small company soon after.

People want responsiveness but they don't want random deaths as icing on the cake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info