Day 2.

I think what grinds my gears so much is that while it may only negatively effect a very small percentage of people... it can color the entire perception of what is, in my mind, the best part of PoE.

I personally do not sell my end of season rewards (the truly valuable items) though I do sell a Individual race demi here and there, but I continually question what is my incentive to NOT cheat at this point, besides a point of pride, 5 race seasons later.

Its like were in some John Locke treatise around here, and every man has a right to punish the offender, and be executioner of the law of nature. Its time to get someone to code a third party program that monitors your processes since I'm pretty confident reverse engineering the hack would take someone with programming knowledge about 10 minutes.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
inb4 day3
Previous.

To continue the discussion from the previous thread, a PoE alpha tester is to an actual cheater as a white hat hacker is to a black hat. Alpha's are supposed to find cheats, and then report them, which means that, if you want to get really technical, yes, they cheat. But they're trusted not to use said cheats for personal gain, and to report them.

Assuming I have the basic idea of what an alpha does correctly; I'm not one, I might be wrong.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 29, 2013, 6:03:55 PM
Day 7: Probated for 24h for creating several duplicate threads.

@Scrotie

You make me laugh using the ancient Raymond Terminus.
Those terms are outdated and go back to the days of Dial Up Fraud and Phreaking.
Nowdays you can claim there are "Grey Hats" and "Black Hats" but Black Hats are rather criminal organisations and only aiming for personal gain.
Everybody else would be automatically considered a "Grey Hat"
Introduced terms like "Hacktivist" don't exist.
For example Anonymous are mainly idiotic kids pressing buttons on functional code or helping somebody with knowledge to acquire certain data. Look at the arrests. Not a single one of them had deeper knowledge.

Also Alphatesters mean nothing to cheaters, what some discovered is nothing but Trial and Error. Their main job is to test for bugs but most only applied to receive content 1-3 weeks earlier.
Cheaters are merely leechers, quitting the game if the get banned several times or a real coder doesn't show any interest anymore providing updates.
Alphas are mainly content leechers. There are only 3 alphas I know of having deeper technical knowledge.
Exploiting is hardly cheating.
There are some companies known for the same bugs in every game they release.

What if I tell you that PoE offers 4 ways(3hooks locations and 1 indirect undetectable way) to acquire a Maphack? Or that the PoE Protocol got encrypted after somebody writing some cheat modules for other games gave them a hint? He using the same username here and on "Cheaterboards".

PoE is vulnerable in many other areas and that's nothing somebody without knowledge can find out. Bug+Bugfix analysis, function+protocol anyalysis and failsafe testing are needed to pull something off.
You can be happy because PoE isn't popular and won't be because of gameplay issues and there is far less supply of new hackers because there is a gap of a spoonfed generation else PoE would have got far bigger issues.
Morsexier has admitted to abusing the /debug command during races in beta, please take action against his account for the equivalent of maphacking.
Last edited by SmallD on Nov 30, 2013, 2:35:07 AM
"
SmallD wrote:
Morsexier has admitted to abusing the /debug command during races in beta, please take action against his account for the equivalent of maphacking.

haha.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
SmallD wrote:

haha.

dumb threads make for dumb replies.
"
SmallD wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
SmallD wrote:

haha.

dumb threads make for dumb replies.

Yet here you are participating early and often.

Next

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info