PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Unable to play (please help)

Hi, I just received a BETA key to give to a friend which we activated fine. The only thing is, because of his location he is only able to get wireless internet, and therefor has a small cap so I downloaded the client and gave it to him on a hard drive.

Once he took it home an error came up while trying to boot "unable to launch missing file msvcr100.dll" or something along those lines.

He then tried downloading the dll file and then received the error "The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll".

Any info on helping to fix would be much appreciated.

He probably need to install visual C redist. Thats what I think that dll is.

http://www.google.hu/search?aq=1&oq=vcre&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=vcredist

Dont know witch version. But its possible that you already got it besides the game files. Go for the latest if not.

Oh, and if this is the case, friend invite is welcome :)
Last edited by havenger on Sep 6, 2011, 7:58:52 AM
You really don't want to download DLL files off the internet; it's generally just a bad idea. As said above, you should try installing the C++ redistributable. It should fix your problem by adding the necessary DLL, but make sure your friend deletes the DLL he got off the internet first.
IRON MAN
The only other solution I can think of is that he tries to get his computer or harddrive around to yours. Then download the client on your connection.
"
Seahorse wrote:
Hi, I just received a BETA key to give to a friend which we activated fine. The only thing is, because of his location he is only able to get wireless internet, and therefor has a small cap so I downloaded the client and gave it to him on a hard drive.

Once he took it home an error came up while trying to boot "unable to launch missing file msvcr100.dll" or something along those lines.

He then tried downloading the dll file and then received the error "The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR100.dll".

Any info on helping to fix would be much appreciated.

Here is how you do it, did it myself yesterday.

To move client you copy it over a external disk to his PC. After that you download the 6.6mb clent installfile from the link you got in the beta email. Run that file and it will "install" PoE.

Now go to youre folder where you copied the client from the external disk and run the file "client". wola ! :)

Downloading the DDL will not help i tried :)

Downloading the c redist dosent help either i tried :)

To download the 6.6 Mb "kicker install file" and run that first works ! :)
Thanks moxh, I'll ring my mate and let him know.
"
Moxh wrote:
Here is how you do it, did it myself yesterday.

To move client you copy it over a external disk to his PC. After that you download the 6.6mb clent installfile from the link you got in the beta email. Run that file and it will "install" PoE.

Now go to youre folder where you copied the client from the external disk and run the file "client". wola ! :)

Downloading the DDL will not help i tried :)

Downloading the c redist dosent help either i tried :)

To download the 6.6 Mb "kicker install file" and run that first works ! :)

^^ This =)

The PoE installer includes a few redist packages, more importantly it includes the version of the redists that the game requires. If you try to get the redists elsewhere you'd need to make sure you get the same versions - the installer is (we hope!) more convenient.
"
Seahorse wrote:
Thanks moxh, I'll ring my mate and let him know.

Np you welcome ! :)
Thanks for this! really helped me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info