Winamp is gone

Ok, news from today - winamp is being shut down.
Since these forums are full of oldtimers I got to ask - what do you think? Youngsters these days use youtube and spotify to listen to music and they don't care but winamp was with me since 1998. Granted, the 3.0 and 5.0 AOL versions were crap beyond imagination but to this day I haven't found me a player supporting early beta of ogg codec which winamp 2.70 does.
Damn, 16 years have passed. I am starting to feel like a dinosaur with my 70gb mp3 collection. FYI most of that music I hoarded I never seen released on anything else than a bootleg casette lol.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I didn't realize Winamp was even going still... since like 2001.

But yeah it was good.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
I've been using Foobar2000 for about a decade now. Tbh, never touched winamp after I tried it.

Edit:
What, only 70gb? Metal?
Winamp was a beast. RIP
From my understanding it'll still work as a media player, only the online functions and the download will be disabled. Links to download it elsewhere will rapidly appear. I'm not really familiar with the program though.

Even if it isn't legal for other people to offer downloads after it's closed, I'm sure they'll do so anyway.
IGN: Adrastos (Betrayal)

Shaper/Uber Service:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289614
Last edited by infinityi on Nov 22, 2013, 7:41:39 AM
It really whips the llama's ass.
The llama is dead.

Winamp was good., The operative word being WAS.
Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Yeah, it was good until AOL bought it but still a weird news to me. Granted I use foobar these days but winamp was a milestone back in the day and it used to be my most important pc application for years, I used 2.90 till 2004 I think.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
iTunes killed the WinAmp star.
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeep :*(
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
My poor winamp no longer supported? No, please don't let it perish. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info