Ranger pinned @ lvl 70

Hi dear Ranger fellows.
I'm some kind of new to this game and this is my first "high level" character.
I reached level 70 yesterday and I don't know how to or what to do from this point.
Some people in the global chat told me to farm Piety, but there is not a chance of even arriving her. I die at level 2 and it would take me quit a wile to reach and kill her.

So basically I'm not asking for gear but a hint what to do next? Run groups? Maps? Try something smart? I'm trying to sell some stuff that I found and used, but there is very little to no response. I guess it is to crappy.

I followed the Ice Shot pierce guide. And my skills look like this.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEFLQW1BfkM8g5ID6sRlhjbGf4bASFgIXYkPCaVJ6kwfDH6MgE2PTnUPs9AoElRSn1RR1VLVvpabVuvX-Fh4megayRtbG17b_J0QXTxdvd31HfXfXV_K3_Ghs6HdohrjDaNv5Xpmyado565oJ-hIqJAo4qly6c0p1yn1K_rsTCyGbVIu-O95sSiyqnPetN-1CPWitwV3Q3jhOd06NbrFPBC9Pj5Vvyr_MX-uv7I

I was planning to get one one frenzy charge and go for more life.
My equipment is as you all expect a little bad.
Spoiler

So do you guys can help me out a little? What should I do next? I only have like 10 chaos, so I can not afford to go on a big shopping trip.
Take out weapon elemental damage and pierce, put in mana leech and life leech or life on hit. Curse with proj weakness to make up for no pierce. Take gmp out and use lmp if using life leech, will just check your damage, if it seems low use lmp.

Max out your resists, get gear with life on it. Even on standard you should have near max resists for piety, and have min 2500 hp, I would say at least 3k or you will die a lot, and 4k is much safer.

"
SEOINAGE wrote:
Take out weapon elemental damage and pierce, put in mana leech and life leech or life on hit. Curse with proj weakness to make up for no pierce. Take gmp out and use lmp if using life leech, will just check your damage, if it seems low use lmp.

Max out your resists, get gear with life on it. Even on standard you should have near max resists for piety, and have min 2500 hp, I would say at least 3k or you will die a lot, and 4k is much safer.

Well that was a easy advice, but hey(!) it works very well. Thank you :).
Now I was thinking, after getting the last frenzy charge. Should I skill more life or more Resistance? I mean in general. Life would help more right? I'm very close to Clear Mind and Nullification as well as other +6 Resistance. I have only 2,2k HP.
Nullification might not be worth it, if you break it down it is 4% resist all per node, but gives you some evasion. It is a great node for ev/es hybrid characters, but having acrobatics dunno if it would be worth it. I don't think clear mind would be worth it right now either. But you are right, you are near 3 different resist clusters. Usually to take those is inefficient but if you can't cap resists with gear alone than they are worth taking, but only temporarily, and then you will spec out as you improve your gear.

I think having 75% elemental resists is a must have, or at least close to it since you are on standard. Hp is more beneficial afterwards. But if you save some currency and do some careful shopping, you can improve your gear a bit, i would do that before investing in resist nodes, I'm not on the right league but I have multiple upgrades I would let go for as little as 1 alch up to 3 chaos that would get you much closer.

Then you should be able to pick up some hp nodes that are directly off your pathing. But based on your 2.2k hp with that gear, I think with cheap improvements, life resist gear that you should be able to reach a respectable defense to do much better.

My only other advice once you are more able to take a few hits is to pick up a bow with higher base crit, it will scale much better with your passives than a 5% bow, but honestly you can take care of that after you are able to stay alive on various runs etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info