Rare Flasks

I know Chris has spoken on this issue. I agree that rare flasks, with up to six mods, might be crazy.

But I feel the flask system should be expanded in the future. It would be neat to let us try and make something interesting with a rare flask.

Why not let rare flasks never drop in the wild but let us use alchemies to make them if we want to try and make something ridiculous?

Or what if alching a flask did something to it that was special? I was thinking, why not let us design our own flasks? If you alch a flask, it removes its ability to restore mana or life and has a base duration of two seconds. We can reroll rare flasks to get various effects on them from a varying mod pool -- like increased movement speed, increased attack speed, increased effect duration, increased armor/evasion%, et cetera; rare flasks draw from a different mod pool than magic flasks and you cannot regal magic flasks
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 25, 2012, 12:55:43 PM
I'm definitely for more flask options, rare or not.
Interesting idea. I know that GGG intends to reintroduce unique flasks.
Forum Sheriff
It has a possibility to get abused too much if you'll have a 6-mod rare flask x5 in your belt, but the general notion might work if you disallow certain mods from spawning on rare flasks.

I hold unique flasks in the same regard.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
What about passive Bonus Flask which dont grant anything active?

Something like a "Charm" you could use instead of a flask.

The idea behind is that investing in resources(mana) could indirectly grant you boni, because you get free slots for not needing mana flasks.

However, passive boni should definitly be INFERIOR then active flasks, because it requires skill to use them properly.

I guess there are people who dont like to micromanage 5 flask. If you had the choice to have 2 flask + 3 passive slots would be kinda nice.
Many of the passive bonuses from flasks are currently kept in check by the associated negative affixes. Maybe only allow flasks to have a maximum of 2 positive only affixes, after which the rest must be positive/negative combos?
The devs are against "Charms" or whatever else they're called, pretty sure I read it somewhere. Wouldn't it be simple to just limit rare flasks to 3 mods and make sure the mods spawn in compatible groups?
Yeah, I recall that this particular feature of D2 wasn't well liked by GGG.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
Just make the rare tier of flasks add only one mod that should keep the bork down
"
Crossflip wrote:
The devs are against "Charms" or whatever else they're called, pretty sure I read it somewhere.

The issue with D2 style charms is that they clogged up the inventory. It just wasn't a very well thought out system and it didn't support a compelling aspect of gameplay. GGG does have some ideas for how they could introduce charms that I think are very interesting and have a lot of potential but who knows if/when they'll actually do it.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info