Season Five, Event 13: 2 Hour No Projectiles Party

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Top Prizes:

The overall alive top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 31: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 28-30: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 24-27: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 20-23: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 16-19: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 12-15: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 6-11: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:
  • Alternate Art Kaom's Sign Unique Item (40 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Stormcloud Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Fairgrave's Tricorne Unique Item (5 available to be won)
Could you clarify 'no projectiles' for me? I assume no bows/arrows but what about magic projectiles like spectral throw or even fireballs?
Spoiler

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure if the ability has the "Projectile" tag, i.e spectral throw, spark, it wont work. Something like Arc, fire trap, etc should still work.
ign: Vixien
What about for the witch? She starts with fireball and a wand, so am I correct to assume she must punch something until she finds something else?
You probably shouldn't make a witch for this, or a Ranger. Or a Scion. Just common sense.
I'm new to races. And would like to try this as solo for fun. Since I don't have any friends in this game anymore (because they left this game). Could anyone recommend something what I could try for? Haven't really played this that much and I have always been pretty projectile based. (Scion with ST, Ranger with RoA, Witch with FS). I guess even others would like to hear some advices from experienced players! ^_^
"
Therier wrote:
I'm new to races. And would like to try this as solo for fun. Since I don't have any friends in this game anymore (because they left this game). Could anyone recommend something what I could try for? Haven't really played this that much and I have always been pretty projectile based. (Scion with ST, Ranger with RoA, Witch with FS). I guess even others would like to hear some advices from experienced players! ^_^

Well I am not a pro, but I manage to get my 5-6 reward points from each race I play without any problems.

Here is what I do:

I roll a Duelist. Get Double Strike from Enemy at the gate quest. Run to Lower Submerged ASAP and get Sweep from Breaking Some Eggs quest.

Early game two handed axes are kick-ass! Get one! A solid weapon with double strike will easily kill Brutus at lvl 9-10. Get Hatred!

ASAP run to Caverns waypoint and get Added Fire Damage. Always update to highest dmg two handed Axe. With Hatred and Added Fire you'll get some serious dps.

Sweep packs, Double Strike bosses.

I end up with a passive tree like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBBS0l30CgR35gS2EhZU1uaXTteu-E2YTvh2qQbJkrnrmplKvFvYG-p8S41fg=

This is the basic tree. From here I usually pick up the axe accuracy/dmg line.

If I wouldn't suck at micro management so much I would be able to reach the 7 reward points mark.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
"
Therier wrote:

ST Scion runs very well generally, but for this particular (No projectile) race you will need something different - Neuro's Duelist suggestion is excellent.

“I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while.”

― Charles Fort
Is there a reason why on one day are only 2 races or is that ggg's typical problem, that they have genius employees on the one side and retarded ones on the other? And that the retarded one is responsible for the schedule?

I mean..seriously? 2-3 races per day and half of them are retarded party races ofc..

At first they need several weeks to even start race season and now that...time until next race right now: 10 hours..all i can say is: wow. much time. such stupidity
"
disisfortrade wrote:
such stupidity

Sums up your post.
Nothing to see here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info