Dec 24: One-week HC Race

"
glh5 wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
"
ragnarokgr wrote:
You really have no idea do you? The only way that ggg wont be held responsible for any ruined socks in the contests is if they have an agreement that specifically says they are not responsible and you have to read it before you agree to participate in any contest.

Agree completely.

Its only a matter of time until someone poopsocks it up (literally) to win a long term event, dies (ingame, not irl) from stench-blurred vision in the last 24 hours, rage-sues ggg for not warning them of the dangers (physical, mental and monetary) of repeatedly crapping into footwear for 2+ weeks straight and subsequently wins a judgement of one professional anus cleaning and a year supply of cashmere shit tickets (they exist).

Let us hope ggg has also foreseen this (highly likely) possibility, and has the appropriate safeguards (and legal defense) ready before open beta.

Greetings KoTao!

Not every country is like the United States where people can sue companies because they messed up. Grinding Gear Games is a company in New Zealand and thus subject to the laws from that country. Now I don't mean to know the laws in New Zealand, but what I do know is that in my country there is no way in hell people would win a court case like you described. Luckily :)

With that said, I think it's an interesting discussion nevertheless.

Not saying I agree, but current US courts have held that the intention to do business with and on the US people\territory constitutes enough of a cause to be held responsible by our laws, see Megaupload.

Fascinating race so far, sorry I'm missing out being on my parents internet. Its awesome that so many people are playing, on the other hand I'm not looking forward to the never ending Krip idiocy assuming he doesn't die and retains first.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
It'd be awesome if the people who died had their name grayed-out instead of just removed from this ladder. Shows some respect for the deceased.
"
glh5 wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
"
ragnarokgr wrote:
You really have no idea do you? The only way that ggg wont be held responsible for any ruined socks in the contests is if they have an agreement that specifically says they are not responsible and you have to read it before you agree to participate in any contest.

Agree completely.

Its only a matter of time until someone poopsocks it up (literally) to win a long term event, dies (ingame, not irl) from stench-blurred vision in the last 24 hours, rage-sues ggg for not warning them of the dangers (physical, mental and monetary) of repeatedly crapping into footwear for 2+ weeks straight and subsequently wins a judgement of one professional anus cleaning and a year supply of cashmere shit tickets (they exist).

Let us hope ggg has also foreseen this (highly likely) possibility, and has the appropriate safeguards (and legal defense) ready before open beta.

Greetings KoTao!

Not every country is like the United States where people can sue companies because they messed up. Grinding Gear Games is a company in New Zealand and thus subject to the laws from that country. Now I don't mean to know the laws in New Zealand, but what I do know is that in my country there is no way in hell people would win a court case like you described. Luckily :)

With that said, I think it's an interesting discussion nevertheless.

Someone took my "i put the shit in shitposting" anology seriously...

My work here is done.
IGN: KoTao
God Damnit!
Died at lvl 43 to Fidelitas Ruthless. Clicked a portal to try and get away from him after I had about 500 hp left. There was a long loading screen, and I got disconnected to the login screen. Ended up with a nasty "That character is out of your league (and you know it)" message :(
Last edited by Ralyks on Dec 25, 2012, 1:26:05 AM
"
XxDragon wrote:
It'd be awesome if the people who died had their name grayed-out instead of just removed from this ladder. Shows some respect for the deceased.

I like this idea
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
XxDragon wrote:

I like this idea

Prefer as it is . Wouldn't be hardcore if dead people took up valid places on the official ladder .

the dead paid some respect on a different ladder, like poestatistics "top deaths"? All for it. :)
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
how register to event?
"
invisib1e_ wrote:
how register to event?

select the DEC 24 one-week HC race league when creating a new character.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Do any of the random currencies get carried over after wipes? Or is it just the top 10 amulets which are kept upon release?
"
iganz wrote:
Do any of the random currencies get carried over after wipes? Or is it just the top 10 amulets which are kept upon release?

pretty sure it's just the amulets and the microtransaction credits

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info