Pre-Season, Event 11: 1 Hour Cutthroat (PS11)

This is a pre-season race event, no prizes or points will be awarded.

This is a standard (non-hardcore) party Cutthroat.

A summary of Cutthroat rules:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • When you die you drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.
Oh my god. Please, PLEASE make this a regular game type. This is like Dark Souls mixed with POE, and I love it. I always want to play like this.
This time I know it's party run, GGG.
No longer I'll try to invade 3ppl instances being sure its free for all :o

Fix headline plz. Many of us don't read description.
Hateful post.
Sometimes it may happen a dev forgets to add a mode or the time is off.

We had some races with 15 min more time than in description, race ended before it started or a mod was missing such as Turbo.

Need moar solo.
Hateful post.
Good race!
"
Kaskar wrote:
This time I know it's party run, GGG.
No longer I'll try to invade 3ppl instances being sure its free for all :o

Fix headline plz. Many of us don't read description.

In defense of GGG.. They never specify that it was a solo in the headline, you assumed it on your own. a simple test of inviting someone to your party could have cleared that misunderstanding up..
The reason I prefer HC Cts-->Only good eq drops.

I can't fight some players I killed such as failguy____ with lvl 12 because they seem to have deleted their character after they died.

Terraces the last min was also underwhelming compared to the last 2 cts when I leveled up at terraces because some players of the same/higher level were there.

The biggest issues I see with CT atm:
No 4 lvl difference protection(this would heavily reduce instance management)
Automatic joining instances the first minutes of the race seems impossible if there are over 50 instances on 4 servers visible.
It's impossible to interrupt actions: For example enter a TP and somebody joins the instance but you are already towning despite moving away from the tp, same thing with WPs/next area or skills like multistrike.

Uhm, why is my character still in this league and has not been moved to the standard league? The game disconnects when I try to play him...
OMG So happy to see alot of replies to this thread! And I just want to join in: please make this a regular game type! ASAP!? :D And why not add more modes etc?? PvP gaming adds a lot of new challenges to existing and new players i think.
Last edited by alexiuz on Nov 11, 2013, 6:33:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info