Pre-Season, Event 6: 1 Hour Cutthroat (PS6)

This is a pre-season race event, no prizes or points will be awarded.

This is a standard (non-hardcore) party Cutthroat.

A summary of Cutthroat rules:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • When you die you drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.

That instance invasion (together with pvp) sounds like a whole lot of fun, unfortunally I will be out for the weekend, so I properly wont be able to participate (unless my laptop can handle it, this time).

But you should seriously consider making a (none hardcore) league, where this is a feature :D, but you should properly make it VERY clear that this is a possibility in that league, or some people would freak the f out when all their equipped unique's gets stolen (sure would be funny though) :)
Last edited by Berzerkeer on Nov 7, 2013, 7:49:41 AM
"
GGG_Neon wrote:

This is a standard (non-hardcore) party Cutthroat.

This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.

non-hardcore moved to Hardcore? orly? :)
FilterBlast - a web-hub with up-to-date item filters and extra features
https://filterblast.xyz
Add a noob protections for gods sake and make it HC.

Nothing is more frustrating than invading somebody who got killed several times and drops white items.
What's this I see? A party cutthroat?
Good way to make a good impression on the new players with this clusterfuck.
would the items be transferred to regular hardcore or nemesis hardcore? If only regular hardcore, would there ever be a nemesis hardcore cutthroat mode?
Freezien
The items are moved to Standard.

Neon just copy pasted a standard CT note and added (non hardcore)
Why isn't this HARDCORE?

Softcore so boring :( You kill someone and what? ... gay
IGN: TimeForSpectralThrow / iLikeShockNova
Me and my group had an awesome run, finished 20th
Stay awhile and listen
Is there a way you can see how many people you've killed?
If not, they should really implement this!

Damn I feel like I killed so many people and didn't die once. :D
In loving memory of Scold's Breath. You will be missed but never forgotten. Path of Exile is not the same without you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info