How Good is a Fire/Crit Witch Build?

I have decided to jump ship from my ranger and head over to a witch, and after looking through the passive tree a bit I decided I really liked the potential damage output a crit/fire damage build could put out. now this is all theory crafting since I am new to witch but what do you guys think of this build? how could it be better?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0DxgQHBUIGDgn2ES8RvxJpFHEUsBZAFxwXUBpsHwIk4SWtKU8qjSycNMs2xTbYO-E9X0GWQapEq0cGSOdJG0qMSppMLUyzUDBSU1WuV4dZ813yXypjQ2P9Zk9mnm0ZcFJw1XF5cql0VXrme9d8zoCugUmCEIIegpuFfYdliBuIQohrjDaOZI9Gj6aP-peFm6GcLZ1jna6iBKSxpwinK6yqrrOvja-3sji297b6t3XAGsBRwcXB88Lsw23Q0ND71HzYJNte2-ffsOL344TkIuWO52rr5OwY7FXuFe-F8h3y4fMF9zL3pvjr-u_7Rf0L

That build manages to get a whooping 266% increased fire damage by going into the marauders, shadow's, witches, and templar's increased fire damage/elemental damage nodes. But what really puts the damage over the top is the "Avatar of Fire" Keystone passive that convert's a lot of my wand/ice damage into fire that in turn gets boosted by 266%. Another two nodes to mention are the "Minion Instability" Keystone that will do ridiculous fire damage when a minion dies, and the "Wand Fire Damage" node that stacks another 10% damage from my wand to fire damage.

The build also focuses on critical strikes so naturally I picked up all the convenient nodes for that as well, which left me with 350% increased critical chance, and 100% increased critical multiplier.

I do fear that survivability might be an issue so I tried to pick ups some of the better energy shield increase nodes. With all of them combined it left me with a total of 52% increased ES and 35% ES cooldown recovery.
Last edited by skyrian on Oct 27, 2013, 4:00:24 AM
1) Don't plan on going low life unless you already own a Shavronne's Wrappings (very rare, very expensive) and pick up more ES nodes, otherwise every chaos damage dealing enemy will kill you.
2) Wand nodes and spell nodes are mutually exclusive: Wand nodes have no influence on your spells as their damage is calculated independent of the damage of your weapon. You can use a fireball for example by wearing any weapon (or no weapon at all). If you plan on using your wand as main attack (with Power Siphon for example), your spell nodes won't effect it as you are using an ATTACK (and not a spell) as main nuke.

BTW Don't use 120 points. Use ~100 which is a realistic lvl 80 build.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
1) Don't plan on going low life unless you already own a Shavronne's Wrappings (very rare, very expensive) and pick up more ES nodes, otherwise every chaos damage dealing enemy will kill you.
2) Wand nodes and spell nodes are mutually exclusive: Wand nodes have no influence on your spells as their damage is calculated independent of the damage of your weapon. You can use a fireball for example by wearing any weapon (or no weapon at all). If you plan on using your wand as main attack (with Power Siphon for example), your spell nodes won't effect it as you are using an ATTACK (and not a spell) as main nuke.

BTW Don't use 120 points. Use ~100 which is a realistic lvl 80 build.

Wow good advice thanks man! So since I plan on doing almost all sell damage I should drop the wand nodes I picked up for some ES nodes perhaps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info