Spectral Throw Build(s) "Mana Flows" 1H Phys &/or Crit - Mind Over Matter, IR, Mana Flows & Leech

A 90 Skill Point Scion, Mind over matter / Spectral throw build

I'm calling this the "Mana Flows" Scion Build
Streaming it here: www.twitch.tv/sychadellic

Key points:
Spoiler
-Mind over matter.
%30 of damage taken goes to mana before life.
(All damage auras are %60 reserved now so keep that in mind)

-Iron Reflexes

+ %85 Physical Dmg
+ %73 Attack Speed
+ %38 Projectile Dmg
+ %42 Resists
+ %140 Evasion Rating
+ %64 Armor
+ %106 Life
+ %88 Mana
+ %180 Mana Regen
+ 36 life
+ 16 Mana
+ %16 Effect of auras
- %20 mana reserved

Current Recommended Skills
Spoiler

If I have crit damage listed it's for the crit builds, disregard if you aren't following a crit build.

Spectral Throw
4L - LMP - Added Cold - Faster Attacks
5L - LMP - Added Cold - Faster Attacks - Knockback (or maybe stun?)
6L - LMP - Added Cold - Faster Attacks - Knockback (or maybe stun?) - Critical Damage

Double Strike
2L - Multi Strike
3L - Multi Strike - Life on hit/Faster attacks
4L - Multi Strike - Life on hit - Faster Attacks
If you don't need life on hit, use faster attacks and/or added damage or crit damage

Projectile Weakness
Hands down for S.T. the knockback and % damage will get you a long ways

Auras
Using 2 auras I prefer Haste and Hatred, Purity if you want more survivability or Grace if your resists are already maxed.

Haste (Movement and attack speed)

Grace (converts to armor for survivability )

Hatred (cold damage and it's +% physical damage)
-I prefer this over the fire or lightning auras due to cold damage slowing and it's a % of physical damage added. Much more potential.

Purity (Added resists and resist max)

Cast On Damage Taken
I'm fairly certain this will be nerfed but in combination with CoDT you use enduring cry and molten shell for huge survivability, sitting in a pack of monsters tanking fairly easy.

Other options include totems, such as decoy or rejuv
Skeletons for other targets/distractions
Ice nova for the freeze/chill chance
Curses as you see fit

1H Primary Build Skill Tree (More tanky, No Crit, Physical DMG)

Mana Leech Added

Crit Heavy / Mana leech

Eldritch Battery Dagger/Crit Build

IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT SPECTRAL THROW
Spoiler
Please Read Before Making a Spectral Throw build or suggesting changes in the builds listed above http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spectral_Throw
"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
Last edited by Aranoch on Oct 28, 2013, 1:09:30 AM
So you go straight for mind over matter?
IGN: HungLikeAnt or Vajayjay
My current plan.

Right now I went and grabbed beserking first, a few life nodes and I'm heading that way now. Then I'll go get some evasion/armor nodes and iron reflexes to make sure my survivability will be good and then start getting the mana related nodes before merciless.
"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
Last edited by Aranoch on Oct 23, 2013, 8:03:49 PM
Seems quite similar to my idea (described here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/547275), but i'm investing into the leech passives - mana leech with the combination of mind and matter sounds like a good combination, but of course i still have to test it.

The main difference seems to be that you take more evasion/armor, while i try to get more life (and life/mana leech) and that your offensive has more attack speed than mine (but i went partly into increased physical damage).

Also about your concern - ST isn't all physical, it deals every type of damage your weapon does ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Oct 23, 2013, 8:23:55 PM
I didn't realize that, that's nice to know. Wasn't really paying attention I guess.

Also. UPDATE. Decided to grab some mana regen/%mana nodes earlier than I expected due to support gems on Spec throw.
is it good for HC? because i can't see much life node here
"
is it good for HC? because i can't see much life node here

Looks like a softcore build at the moment at least haha.

I'm looking at doing something similar, ill post my tree so you can have a look at some differences...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAdwDlgUtCGcOPBRxGDwZihqPG_ohYCXfLYMyCTJ-NZI26DpSOuE7KECgQapGaUd-SshN41YtWK9aUmBDYEthIWVNbEZuPW5pbqpvnnJscql07XTxeA1673zZgwmE2YTvhTKHKYdqiPGQbJM6lwabXZu1nrmkGaZXpzComqluqZSsWax_tfK9J76KvqfDOsSixLjKStX43uXnY_JF8pf22vcy97746_no-wn-Cv6P

Main differences being I go left, less damage maybe (because while I miss out on some ranger nodes for atk speed and proj damage, I'm getting iron grip and with 200+ strength that should give a nice boost). I can also grab resolute technique, some life leech and I'm 2 points from unwavering should I need it. Your build has like 50% more evasion and armour but 60% less life. I have slightly more mana and the same regen, but less mana reserve nodes. I'm not sure if this is better or worse, it's just different so I thought I'd post.

edit; A few points could get you leather and steel with IR too if need be.
Last edited by Lithick on Oct 23, 2013, 11:41:10 PM
What weapon type will be used? 2 Hand or Duel Wield?
"

From my experience, it seems that 2 hand weapons suite better than dual wielding.
Ign: Ansoja
"
Noose wrote:
"

From my experience, it seems that 2 hand weapons suite better than dual wielding.

ok also what stats are you going for gear wise?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info