Cold-crit CI witch build

Hi, I'm currently doing Cold/Crit/CI on my witch and am wondering a few things.
- Do you guys use freezing pulse or Ice spear and why? I'm currently using both and mainly use freezing pulse to clear most mobs up close and use Ice Spear to snipe/freeze-lock rare mobs/bosses.

-What auras do you use and why?

-And what's the best route for gearing, armor/es, eva/es, or just es? And I'll assume frostbite for curse of choice, I'm currently not running any totems.

-What support gems do you currently use as well?

-Also, directed towards slayer or anyone running a build like his, what is the general order to go in through passives, should I go left to templar for the increased resist/mana regen first or go towards assassination for the increased chance to freeze and crit multi there?

There, I fixed it. Will you answer my questions since you should be able to read it now?
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Dec 27, 2012, 8:47:16 PM
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Hi, I'm currently doing Cold/Crit/CI on my witch and am wondering a few things. Do you guys use freezing pulse or Ice spear and why? I'm currently using both and mainly use freezing pulse to clear most mobs up close and use Ice Spear to snipe/freeze-lock rare mobs/bosses. What auras do you use and why? And what's the best route for gearing, armor/es, eva/es, or just es? And I'll assume frostbite for curse of choice, I'm currently not running any totems. Oh and what support gems do you currently use as well? Also, directed towards slayer or anyone running a build like his, what is the general order to go in through passives, should I go left to templar for the increased resist/mana regen first or go towards assassination for the increased chance to freeze and crit multi there?

No one likes to read a wall of text. Make a list of questions instead of a paragraph.
"
HurpDurp wrote:
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Hi, I'm currently doing Cold/Crit/CI on my witch and am wondering a few things. Do you guys use freezing pulse or Ice spear and why? I'm currently using both and mainly use freezing pulse to clear most mobs up close and use Ice Spear to snipe/freeze-lock rare mobs/bosses. What auras do you use and why? And what's the best route for gearing, armor/es, eva/es, or just es? And I'll assume frostbite for curse of choice, I'm currently not running any totems. Oh and what support gems do you currently use as well? Also, directed towards slayer or anyone running a build like his, what is the general order to go in through passives, should I go left to templar for the increased resist/mana regen first or go towards assassination for the increased chance to freeze and crit multi there?

No one likes to read a wall of text. Make a list of questions instead of a paragraph.

How about stop being a dick.
"
montrey16 wrote:

How about stop being a dick.

How is that being a dick? I'm merely giving my opinion, followed by a suggestion. You might just be too retarded to understand that, though.
"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Hi, I'm currently doing Cold/Crit/CI on my witch and am wondering a few things.
- Do you guys use freezing pulse or Ice spear and why? I'm currently using both and mainly use freezing pulse to clear most mobs up close and use Ice Spear to snipe/freeze-lock rare mobs/bosses.

This is primarily what I do.

-What auras do you use and why?

I use clarity and discipline. Mana regen and more ES. No reason to explain further.

-And what's the best route for gearing, armor/es, eva/es, or just es? And I'll assume frostbite for curse of choice, I'm currently not running any totems.

This depends on your playstyle. If you don't have a lot of ES then get armor, if you have a lot of ES get evasion. Frostbite is ok, elemental weakness is better. Get totems. Ideally you only need to use spell totem on elemental reflect mobs, this will let you put IIQ and IIR on pulse/spear.

-What support gems do you currently use as well?

Here is what I think you should be using and I could be wrong so anyone can chime in:
FP - LMP/GMP - Faster Casting - Mana Leech - IIR/IIQ - Fork/Faster Projectiles

Fireball - Spell totem - LMP/GMP - Faster Casting

Ice Spear - LMP/GMP - Life Leech - Faster Casting

Clarity - Disc - Reduced Mana

Phase run - "whatever the increased effect gem is called"

Your last skill slot can be whatever you want: Need help? zombies - minion life - minion dmg - "whatever the more minion gem is

Decoy totem? Another spell totem freezing pulse? Spork totem? Whatever you want

-Also, directed towards slayer or anyone running a build like his, what is the general order to go in through passives, should I go left to templar for the increased resist/mana regen first or go towards assassination for the increased chance to freeze and crit multi there?

If you are playing softcore, it doesn't matter. If you are playing hardcore here is what I do. I go left up to frost walker. Then I go right up to doom cast. Then I go a little down and right to assasination. Obviously I straight line there taking the least amount of nodes possible. Count them before you pick a path if you are having trouble seeing what I am saying. Pick up the 30 str 30 dex also, as well as the 6 all res. From here you can do whatever you want. I suggest getting all your main defensive nodes from here until you feel safe enough to go CI. After that fill your tree out with the crit multi > cast speed > spl dmg > ele dmg > crit chance nodes until you die or are lvl 100. I posted what I do in order untill assasination below.

Frost Walker
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpSycSbJWSoIQlQSvm9-w

Doom cast
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelEVAnqSycO-FJslZKVyttGX5Zf8aCEIhClQSio6-bu9bBxcHz37DmgfId

Assasination
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMC_gdjB6URUBzcJ6ksnC1HO-FCw0myUEJWSlcrXfJtGXBScNV-WX_GghCIQow2lQSio6-bu9bBxcHz34TfsOaB8h0=

Pretty similar to slayers' to start. Anything after this is pretty much "get it as you need it" and picking things that suit your play-style.

There, I fixed it. Will you answer my questions since you should be able to read it now?

Ignore the idiot who didn't answer your post.
Last edited by Lachis on Dec 27, 2012, 11:09:23 PM
Thank you very much for your input Lachis, I really appreciate it. Currently I have spell totem hooked up with my ice spear and it works acceptably for the moment. I will try your fireball suggestion once I get more links though. Thanks again.
Fork doesn't work with anything that pierces. So it wont work with FP.

Best setup, that I've found

FP, crit multi, cast speed, LMP, mana leech.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Fork doesn't work with anything that pierces. So it wont work with FP.

Best setup, that I've found

FP, crit multi, cast speed, LMP, mana leech.

I'm missing why LMP > GMP. Can anyone explain? I just died at 64 in the race and GMP seemed to be doing more dmg with FP.

At high cast speed and >= 5l it's probably easier to run with lmp unless someone's running clarity in your party
both are good though, gmp is better for max theoretical dps and aoe but you'll lose a bit of single target in most of the situations
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Ok, here we go. (All builds built around assumption that you kill all bandits)

If my math hold true, lol, and it may not.

lvl 74

Many of you will notice that this build does not grab the 2% cast nodes. These nodes scare me a little bit in the beginning. 2% is rather low for one point, so I think come OB, I will wait to grab them.

lvl80

Grabbed the two 2% nodes + some nearby crit chance.

lvl83

This is the new addition. And here's why. Many of you may not be able to grab this node. This node will be a pure luxury for those who are fortunate to get a 6L. My setup in terms of links has always been: FP + Fast Cast + Crit Dmg + LMP + Mana Leech (5th slot) + Usually IIR, but with a leveled chaos dmg gem for when I want to see how high I can get my DPS for fun.

Here's the problem. I've used IIR mainly because I can farm 6 man instances by myself if I please. Yes, this is thru multiboxing, so check your attitude at the door if you have a problem with this. Since I personally already had enough IIQ from the boosted instance, more IIQ wasn't a priority. However, lately I am more concerned about end game PvP, in which case I believe GR will be nice to have. So, thus the 6L setup would include Life Leech. Which, when not PvPing can be switched out to IIQ. Further, should GGG decide to change how I multibox and take away that ability. I can keep using my setup.

What about IIR than? And chaos farming? Well, I've been thinking, depending on where the viable farming area is in A3, that I MAY be able to get around this by switching out my Crit Dmg gem for IIR. This would be solely for farming. Usually I do this to be able to farm for my fusings for my 6L. So, essentially, I'm covering both MF gems by having BBBGGR (which wont be the easiest to get).

If you do not care about farming or PvP whatsoever. And are only in it for exp. Than I would suggest the 6th slot, should you get one, be for Faster Projectiles. It's a great gem, just not a color that can be interchanged when needed.

Max Lvl

Something akin to this. Since I can only use 111 points in builder, it's basically throwing the rest into wherever you can find some nice dmg nodes.

While I could use more crit chance, unless they nerf diamond flasks, I'm not going to bother. Since with mana leech in place in 5L, my build usually has 4 diamonds + Granite. If I'm on a 50% regen map, some diamonds get replaced with Mana Flasks.

Depending on what stats I have, specifically Mana/Int, I may end up ditching 2 points in Mana or however I can find it to grab Alchemist in the end.

Well, that's it everyone.

Cheers

EDIT: As a side note, if your end game gear rolls + dex, be very happy. As this can help knock out one of those +30 nodes.

I'm actually cheking this build and I'd like to ask aquestion, so if SL4Y3R or anyone else could answer me, I'd be really grateful.

Isn't it worth it to invest points into %elemental damage?
Isn't 5% Ele Dmg more worth it that 2% Cast Spd?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info