Season Four, Event 123: 105 Minute Turbo Solo

This event has the Turbo mod enabled. This means that monsters will run, cast and attack 60% faster.

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Stride at season end.

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top alive player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 alive players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 30: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 27-29: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 23-26: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 20-22: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 16-19: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 12-15: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 6-11: 1 Reward Point
I don't get it, I literally can't do ANYTHING vs Fidelitas on turbo anymore lately. This is the second time in a row I've died at him.

300 hp, 30% lit res, great fast weapons, heavily armoured, greater life pots and still I get dropped to half health in one non crit shot. You try and fight for a second longer past one hit, and you get dropped to almost no health, at which point you can't even run away as he'll get the third hit in anyway.

I guess it didn't really matter in the long run, as I've had no movespeed nor extra quicksilver, and at this point it was pretty much too late unless I got them within the next few minutes, but I'm really dreading facing him again. I'm not even doing anything different. Feels like when you wipe out riding a bike, and you just never feel the same riding it again.
Last edited by boof on Oct 1, 2013, 8:02:05 PM
I wonder if GGG is like "oh you had some pretty good RNG in the descent earlier, so guess what in this race you get NOTHING, just to compensate for the slightly above average RNG earlier".

It almost seems that way, but it's obviously just my own perception, though it doesn't really comfort me in any way or help deal with the frustration.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
started late, played like turd, placed like turd. TURD ACTION

no chest cuz im in manmode :)
Last edited by Bratranka on Oct 1, 2013, 8:49:58 PM
My goal was to raise my rank 2 sig exp without dying which I did lol. I think it should..... be relatively safe till end of season so now I can start playing faster in western again. Did not get a 2nd quicksilver which is still sad :/ Add quicksilvers to vendor :(

ms boots ftw
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Oct 1, 2013, 8:56:36 PM
+1 cold and 20% sd wands from starting vendor, decent a2 time (0:40) (slightly marred by the broken minimap sending me on a wild goose chase in upper prison, both merveil daughters spawning in 1-monster wide passages and lack of move boots), second quicksilver before coves, rare life/mana topaz ring just before sins, still dont even make 26 due to there being no fucking monsters in half my western zones. Like screen after screen completely empty, sometimes entire zones would have 2-3 small packs total.

Leave the signature permanently open next time, so we can do 100s of runs and just reset when the starting vendor doesnt give us move boots or we get a submerged full of platforms or a bs minimap prison or multiple empty grinding zones or whatever. Theres so much luck involved atm that anyone unable to participate in almost all the events has next to no chance at a top 3 spot simply due to how many events you need to smooth out item/pack rng. Not exactly the skill intensive event signatures were advertised to be!

GG all, see you next race.

IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 1, 2013, 9:01:22 PM
I am all for making races less RNG. The problem I see with allowing people to play sig races anytime they want though is.. it takes out the MMO/competitiveness feeling. I like racing when a lot of good players are also racing it makes things more fun. So maybe there could be sig races every 2 hours...
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Even 5-6 per day would be great, plenty of timeslot choices for players around the globe.

Edit: I still think the signature being permanently open is a superior solution. Signature races are essentially bubble competition anyway; were ultimately not competing against whoever else is in that specific race, were competing against top 3 records that may have been set over a month ago. The ability to instantly restart junk runs (nothing from starting vendors, still in all whites by brutus, several terrible map seeds in a row, desync bails etc) would make for a huge positive swing in the skill:luck ratio as well.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Oct 2, 2013, 2:42:39 AM
This race was my 1st serious attempt at league play. I had fun, died a couple times though. I have 2 reward questions:

1) I received 2 points. My 3rd character was alice at lvl 7. So I got one pint for reaching lvl 6 and surviving. The 2nd point must have been from being in the top 11-20 for my class, correct?

2) If I happened to have won the random draw for uniques, would I have been notified already, or do we not find out until after the league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info