(Oct 7 NZT) Three-hour Turbo Hardcore Race

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

Duration: Three hours
Hardcore: Yes
Partying: Allowed
Modifiers: Turbo (monsters move, attack and cast 60% faster)
Start time: 10am NZ time, Sunday Oct 7 (2pm Saturday Pacific Time)

After a two-hour test of this new mode on Friday, we're trying a three hour race event to see how people do. Note that we only intend to use this mode sparingly, so we will probably have a normal hardcore race next weekend.

Top Prizes:
The top five players of each class by experience will receive prizes.
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Presence (Unique Amulet), 10 random currency items (see list in the rules post)
  • #2 player of each class: 8 random currency items
  • #3 player of each class: 6 random currency items
  • #4 player of each class: 4 random currency items
  • #5 player of each class: 2 random currency items

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 32: 39 random currency items
  • Level 31: 32 random currency items
  • Level 30: 26 random currency items
  • Level 29: 21 random currency items
  • Level 28: 17 random currency items
  • Level 27: 14 random currency items
  • Level 26: 12 random currency items
  • Level 25: 11 random currency items
  • Level 24: 10 random currency items
  • Level 23: 9 random currency items
  • Level 20-22: 8 random currency items
  • Level 18-19: 7 random currency items
  • Level 16-17: 6 random currency items
  • Level 14-15: 5 random currency items
  • Level 12-13: 4 random currency items
  • Level 10-11: 3 random currency items

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 6 random currency items
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 6 random currency items
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 6 random currency items
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 6 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 8 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 8 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 8 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 8 random currency items

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive the listed currency items for that area.

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 9 random currency items
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 9 random currency items
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 9 random currency items
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 9 random currency items
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Sweet in the 2 hour, I killed weaver so I could get LMP. I get that as soon as possible or else Im basically just leeching during act2 =P. It sucks how there was no yellow message for anyone killing Fairgraves.
Gear 2 hour - StopTryingtoHitmeNHitme - lvl 21 Ranger
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
I died once at prisoners gate in the 3 hour, was clearing with the party but then suddenly everyone stopped running ahead and I found myself in a massive group of goatmen and mobs alone. The shadow let me use his unique bow for the last 15 min of the race, thanks =)
Gear 3 hour - DemiDawGZ_Ranger - lvl 26 Ranger
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Last edited by Metronomy on Oct 6, 2012, 8:14:10 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
was fun, esp brutus. Idk if Ill do this weekend, maybe a little for some rewards. Party races just arnt for me, I think this makes that even more so. But hey, didnt do too bad with my luck and going solo, made it to the top 10 at least, gg everyone.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Have to say, was way too scared to even try the graveyard quest. Just thinking about 60% flicker strike mobs was bad enough. Some of the act 2 boss's would probably be insane too, if I had gotten that far. Makes soloing a much more enriching experience though, I wonder if that would carry into cruel and ruthless, as those are normally auto pilot mode. Merv was pretty fun till she bugged into the water somehow too, not sure how that happened, couldn't melee her after that, but was able to ranged her down, so no biggie. Good fun GGG!
Last edited by Drystion on Oct 4, 2012, 8:22:09 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This will be very interesting, the difference between a 2hour and 3hour is substantial, you have to make the call about going to Cruel Ledge, which will mean having to do 2*Bandits and Vaal, even the Lightning Strike guy all with Attack/Move speed, these will be the biggest challenges.

Should be fun, especially with no practice on those bosses prior to this.
Was realy fun this 2 hour Turbo hc race. I look forward to this race as well.

Dident go so well for me. reached lvl 11 and got to Prisoners gate. I played Ranger with zombie wall, See you all on next race. Happy hunting all!
When are we gonna get another 1 week race? Im bored to death on Vanilla WoW, just idle in org all day :(
"
Prozon wrote:
When are we gonna get another 1 week race? Im bored to death on Vanilla WoW, just idle in org all day :(

For the love of god give me another week at least before another one. I'm still recovering, it's nice to casually level. lol

Although I would like another this month. They are extreme fun.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
in South Africa it will be
11:00 PM
06 October 2012
I'm BACK :)
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Prozon wrote:

For the love of god give me another week at least before another one. I'm still recovering, it's nice to casually level. lol

Although I would like another this month. They are extreme fun.

Yeah i can understand one now right away would be abit too much for most people Though you dont have to attend them all if you dont want too :)

But for me, that has about 0 social life and no job id prefer if there was 1 week races starting every monday :P Normal Hardcore is kinda boring now after i participated in the last few races.

But hopefully more races after OB starts, im sure i can find something waste my time on between races anyways.
"
Prozon wrote:
Yeah i can understand one now right away would be abit too much for most people Though you dont have to attend them all if you dont want too :)

But for me, that has about 0 social life and no job id prefer if there was 1 week races starting every monday :P Normal Hardcore is kinda boring now after i participated in the last few races.

But hopefully more races after OB starts, im sure i can find something waste my time on between races anyways.

If they come around I feel the need to do them because I don't know if or when another is coming. Not next week but the following and I'd be more than happy to join in. I just want to finishing my testing before the next one starts up.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info