Farming Techniques

Just thought i'd post some good farming Techniques

Merciless Ledge is a great place to farm for uniques generally get a unique every 2-3 hours
Difficulty: Easy
Time: about 5-10 mins

Killing Alira Repeatedly (Merciless)
generally gets one unique every 1-2 hours
Difficulty: Moderate
Time: 1 min or less

Merciless Vaal Runs
Generally gets a unique every hour most of the time more
Difficulty: Moderate
Time: 10-15 mins

Normal Vaal Runs
For 1 player it gives 2-3 uniques an hour
for 2 player it gave 7-8 uniques in an hour
for 5 players it gave 15-18 uniques in about 40 minutes
Time: 3-5 mins

(The key to this is having a designated runner with phaserun willing to portal everyone else in)
(these bootshelp alot for that purpose)
Unavailable

Had a pretty good time and picked up alot of goodies to play around with.

~Flutter_Shy ^_^

Edit: Also in that last one its nice to use the recipe for creating 2 chaos orbs from selling a set of un id'd rare items as it generally doesent take long to make a set. added value is always a plus. if your looking for alteration orbs from the rares be sure to have atleast 500 scrolls of wisdom if planning to run with a buddy :) take care
Last edited by CaineDeSoulis on Sep 14, 2012, 4:40:36 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
You forgot to mention Fellshrine Ruins, it's basically the Ledge but for act 2, with a bunch of slow, not-dangerous skeletons and zombies. And don't forget that the rate at which someone gets uniques is based on their personal IIQ and IIR on gear, =).
yes try to get the highest IIR/IIQ person to get the finishing blow on vaal. mine was 142 iiq and 241 IIR for these runs :)

personally i dont like felshrine for farming very much i thinks its a bit to large to farm effectively. you always need to maximize your clearing time. killing alira 60 times an hour is only effective because 95% of the time is spent actually killing alira lol.
Last edited by CaineDeSoulis on Sep 14, 2012, 4:40:11 AM
EDIT; disregard i didn't read properly
Last edited by aimlessgun on Sep 14, 2012, 4:42:29 AM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
CaineDeSoulis wrote:

Edit: Also in that last one its nice to use the recipe for creating 2 chaos orbs from selling a set of un id'd rare items as it generally doesent take long to make a set. added value is always a plus.

The 1 chaos orb from the identified set is way, way better IMO. No way I'm going to vendor a set of unidentified jewelry and a belt just for an extra chaos orb. You seem to value uniques far too highly.

ever seen an AMAZING ring/belt/ammy at level 28 maximum mods? i have not :(.

Basically your goal is to get the uniques that are worth a large amount of currency oddly enough these will mostly be your unique jewelry and belts which ALL can currently be found in normal vaal ^_^
Last edited by CaineDeSoulis on Sep 14, 2012, 4:44:05 AM
Hehe yeah I didn't see that your last example was normal vaal.
"
CaineDeSoulis wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
CaineDeSoulis wrote:

Edit: Also in that last one its nice to use the recipe for creating 2 chaos orbs from selling a set of un id'd rare items as it generally doesent take long to make a set. added value is always a plus.

The 1 chaos orb from the identified set is way, way better IMO. No way I'm going to vendor a set of unidentified jewelry and a belt just for an extra chaos orb. You seem to value uniques far too highly.

ever seen an AMAZING ring/belt/ammy at level 28 maximum mods?

yes,
Unavailable
pretty nice for being level 28, a huge help for going against merveil cruel. You probably won't find many that are good for a level 60+, but I'd sure pay a chaos, or at least an alch, for that ~50 cold resist and 10 other resists at level 28.

Unavailable
Unavailable

are also decent for early damage. And you can find double/triple mf rings/amulets/belts at that level too.

Item values are relative, and an orb is worth as much to a level 28 toon as a level 70 one. Selling level 28 items in cruel will get a lot better results than selling level 28 items in merciless, =)
Last edited by Aplier on Sep 14, 2012, 4:56:39 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
You shall deplete the soil you greedy bastard.
You flavor of greed will get mf nerfed, and then what the fuck will you do, besides cry about it.
HAIL SATAN!
how you do to restart Allira without waiting the 10 minutes?
"
Fatiga wrote:
how you do to restart Allira without waiting the 10 minutes?

Ctrl+click the entrance or waypoint icon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info