In Between Season Event 7: 1 Hour Cut-throat

This league has Cutthroat and Hardcore enabled, when you die to enemies of any type you will be moved to Standard league.

A summary of hardcore Cutthroat rules:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
  • This is a hardcore league. When you die, you will be moved to standard league, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
  • You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

Why the hell do you make all cut-throat races with parties enabled?
"
SidleJinks wrote:

Listening to feedback is hard. Prepare to see all party cutthroats in season 4 again.
trying to get gangbanged in mudflats was pretty hilarious, still managed to kill the 3 of them, although the last fight ended with the two of us dead lol

pretty funny nevertheless
#2 LADDER HYPE

Bob and Helman were necessary sacrifices :)
IGN : @Supernico

http://www.twitch.tv/nicosuper
Invaded zone with #2 and #11 fought with #11 on ledge.

We both ended up dead (some sick GGG Humor-.-)

1 on 1 let's kill both.

Items drops were bad currency in term of transmutes good.

Friend had the "great" idea he would farm currency in flats at level 5(ofc he died 3 times)

GGG should make a Terrace only CT. Or Exp till upper passage once entered ledge CT and ledge exit got removed.

I switched through all servers to find somebody and ended up only to find ledge campers.

30 seconds till the race end and we killed each other with glacial hammers... I love this game.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Invaded zone with #2 and #11 fought with #11 on ledge.

We both ended up dead (some sick GGG Humor-.-)

1 on 1 let's kill both.

Items drops were bad currency in term of transmutes good.

Friend had the "great" idea he would farm currency in flats at level 5(ofc he died 3 times)

GGG should make a Terrace only CT. Or Exp till upper passage once entered ledge CT and ledge exit got removed.

I switched through all servers to find somebody and ended up only to find ledge campers.

Nice fight we had :D
"
SidleJinks wrote:

Even in solo cut-throat, there are many players who want to play together. In yesterday's CT, my second toon died to a gang of 2 in the Prison; in today's, my third toon died to a gang of 2 on the Ledge. (I'm not saying that I wouldn't have died had there only been one opponent on these occasions, but they certainly weren't fighting each other, and today's Ledge hunters were 5 levels above me).

I don't have anyone else to play with so my inevitable role in CT is as the prey. I choose my tactics in such a way as to minimise the risk of my exposure to ANY other players - be they in teams or as individuals - and I mostly get a kick out of playing this way.

The most frustrating aspect is how long it takes to make a character with reasonable survivability, and the ease with which one can die to hunters that are several levels higher. In real life, that would be seen as very unsportsmanlike, and in PoE, it kind of tastes the same.

I don't have a solution, but I think it is helpful to try to understand the role that you are playing, and to consider how to make the best of that role.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info