Chaos Pyromancer (Infernal Mantle fire caster)

Hi everyone.
Some of you may know me by my crazy dual dagger CI shadow build. You can check the link in my signature if you like. Now lately i wasn't playing my shadow, as my teammate was busy at work and couldn't play much, so i decided to try something new.

I used most of the gear that i had, some was taken from my shadow. But i will provide the prices for these interested. I must admit that the most heavy dps for a caster comes from Shavrones+RF+Void battery, but i don't have these, they cost a lot, and i really hope RF will get fixed soon. So will be building a fun charcater, not a powerhouse (have my dagger shadow for that)

So here it is - Chaos Pyromancer, a heavy crit caster that run Infernal Mantle to convert 1/4 of the damage to chaos, and dual Divinarius for increased crits, aoe, and the ability to use Whirling Blades.

Now the most tought decision to make was to try to say no to Eye of Chayula. I was really interested if i could make a stun vulnerable yet successiful CI character. So here you go, no stun immunity and no Vaal Pact on a CI char. Man Mode ON :)

Defence
The main ides to survive is to not get hit. I have 2.5K es, 40% evade (80% for range attacks) and most importantly Whirling blades. Now this is what i use a lot. I really like the mobility on my chars so i will probably pass on Void Battery even if i get one just to not lose Whiriling blades.

I use GMP, my fireball cost 104 mana per cast, but my mana regen allows me to spam it without going below 35% mana so '+100% spell damage received on low mana' from Mantle do not get triggered except on half regen maps.

Offence
Now my dps with GMP on a lvl 17 Fireball is 3.8K tooltip. And that's get almost doubled with crit weakness curse. Also i have +52% increased aoe on all my skills and that include fireball so monsters usually get into overlapping explosions of several fireballs. And on shotgun effect when all 5 fireballs hit 1 target i get around 30K dps with curse. In addition if i get 2 crits in a row i get damage from 3.25 crits. That's because 125% of fire crit damage is applied as burn over 4 seconds but second crit make this burn to apply instantly. Also most monsters do not have chaos res and that also increase kill speed. So it really hard to say how high is my dps, just look how it feels on video. Oh and my crit chance with curse is 80%

Utility

I really like utility. I like chars that are versatile and have answers for different hardships they face. Here i have:

Build have only 3 fire specific nodes, all others are crit or elemental, so you can use it with any skills not just fire. So if you running uniq map where all monsters are restless just swap fireball to freezing pulse or ice spear and shatter them all.

Whirling Blades - to move fast in and out. The best skill in the game. Love it with all my heart.

Firestorm - To deal with targets that can't reach you or with necromancers/vaal totems behind hordes of undeads.

Discharge - 'Oh shit' button that saves you in situations when you get surrounded. Also very usefull to oneshot bosses. Like as soon as blacksmith get his sword out and becomes enraged you discharge and pick up the loot.

Skeleton Totem - you can put it in the fights with bosses like The Weaver and offscreen the hell out of that flickering bitch.

Gear

Not much to improve here. Only thing i can think of is 6-linkning the chest.

2 ex for the 5L chest. They are really cheap now.

8GCP-1EX for each Divinarius

8GCP-1EX

2ex

2ex

6 GCP

no idea how much it worth now - i payed 2 GCP for the belt.

1 GCP

1 GCP

Here's a video of 3 maps (lvl 68) in action. First one is with ok mods, second one is with Temporsl chains, third is with halved mana regen.
http://www.twitch.tv/xavyerdevir/b/443758030

Feel free to ask questions of leave feedback.
Last edited by Xavyer on Aug 10, 2013, 6:10:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info