0.11.3 patch notes and deployment timeline

Part of the reason for wanting to deploy the patch at the start of a workday is that we need to spend some time balancing the population levels of global and trade chat channels under the new system. It's hard to know in advance what channel populations will feel right for an appropriate level of chat traffic. For this reason, we'll be keeping a close eye on chat levels after deployment so that we can make sure that it isn't too slow or fast. (The technical explanation behind why we don't know how many people to put in each chat channel are that in the old system, people who have chat hidden are still in the channel. In the new system, they're not. We don't know exactly how many people had chat hidden because it was a clientside setting.)

I should stress that many of the changes planned for patch 0.11.3 have been included in patch 0.11.4 for technical reasons. 0.11.4 is a pretty big patch (over a gigabyte in size, possibly). My favourite part of it is the performance improvements. We've cut over 10% off the size of the game.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
The 0.11.4 patch contains new versions of some art assets that are smaller. That's why it has to redownload this much. This will help with load times, memory usage, 32 bit crashes related to memory usage and possibly other related problems. There may be other performance improvements in that patch (and certainly in later patches) depending on what's ready when.

The new chat system in 0.11.3 does not log to your client if you're not in a channel. You only receive messages if you're in chat. This has the advantage of not filling up your client log (and saving bandwidth), while unfortunately meaning that you can't join chat to see messages that you weren't around to witness.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jul 31, 2013, 8:26:40 AM
"
leighferon wrote:
ok yeah i login to incinerate toon and dps didnt increase... lvl 16 incinerate mana cost was down by 2 but the problem with incinerate has always been the initial damage. wheres the buff? later stages is not helpin anyone that plays incinerate.

The dps on the character sheet assumes it's stage 1, I believe. The skill is designed so that later stages of damage are the ones you want to hit monsters with.
Last edited by Chris on Aug 1, 2013, 1:32:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info