Unable to Map File error report search!

I just send a pm for a little help ^^
"
Rory wrote:
If you go into My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/production_Config.ini and open it in notepad, you can change the texture_quality setting under the DISPLAY section to look like this: texture_quality=1

The only thing i have that says texture is texture_filtering=16 do i change this to 1 or add the texture_quality=1 line in.

PS ty for all the help.

I tried doing both i still get the same error as before.
Last edited by Sparzy on Oct 5, 2012, 6:38:23 AM
sometimes when i use a waypoint and it is loading the new map it just keep having the loading screen
and musik keep playing but nothing happend. Then i use Alt-Tab and ther is a window saying:

"Unable to mapViewOfFile in Mapchunk, Error Code 8 Offset:1044447232 Size: 18169228"

And when i click "ok"

I get a new window up:

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application´s support team for more information."

And when i click "ok"

The game close down.

This keep coming every 10 times i use a waypoint or move into another area.

Best regard
Cybertroth
Last edited by Cybertroth on Oct 5, 2012, 7:30:08 AM
I decided to run a packcheck on the game and still got the same msg "Fatal error: Unable to map file"

Ok i fixed my problem. I deleted the game and redownloaded it, the game works fine so far.

And about 5 secs after i posted this the game gave me a BSOD. I cant win! I remembered now why i took a break from the game in the first place, it used to randomly BSOD and reset my computer.
Last edited by Sparzy on Oct 7, 2012, 11:06:48 PM
Hello, I just got map error, here is the error message:

---------------------------Exception---------------------------Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 831651840 Size: 5928350---------------------------OK---------------------------
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 87 Offset: 65536 Size: 2602001347
ОК
need help
Last edited by JackFrost89 on Jan 23, 2013, 9:07:31 PM
"
JackFrost89 wrote:
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 87 Offset: 65536 Size: 2602001347
ОК
need help
--Exception--Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 42598400 Size: 4007698
Ihave error 5 times.
I leave the city clear the beach and i go the second map and dont load the game.
All time crash 2-3 type crash window :(

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code:8 Offset:921174016 Size:11265136
I'm getting this error many times when I travel through areas, in CB I didn't have this problem but in act 3 OB it's happening all the time..

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code:8 Offset:2677997568 Size:22371974

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info