Righteous Fire.

Is there any chance of making it so the increased burning damage doesn't apply to the burning damage caused to you? Or at least reduce/cap the amount that does.
I've been wanting to create a RF burning build with searing bond and fire trap however I can't use RF because of the ridiculous amount of scaling it has against your life. Even w/o increased burning damage you need like 15-20% life reg just to normalize it so that would leave me forced to go ES however with 1k life and about 6k ES w/ burning damage I'd still need around 6% extra ES regen. (It's also stupid that theres only 5 burning damage nodes in the tree, but thats by the by)

You need to make it so people can utilize the burning effect of RF because as of right now it's only used in lowlife builds and they only use it for the spell multiplier.

Wonder if I'll get flamed for this...
Last edited by LilLaskaris on Jul 22, 2013, 7:34:16 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
they don't want people with kaoms passively doing 25k+ dps
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Well they can balance that out, plus you wouldn't be able to get like 25k, atm you can get about 10-15k with koams but it'd require 85+ points just to get the regen (not including life and burning passive nodes), you'd still need to get around 800 more hp regen (Even higher if not using flasks) just to negate the effect plus several uniques which aren't the easiest to come by either so even if it was reduced/capped I doubt we'd see a load of them floating around anyways.

Or perhaps they could introduce another, maybe Unrighteous Fire but make it so it doesn't have spell multiplier but maybe something that synergies with fire and have it balanced around life based builds, so the passive damage isn't insane but it's runable, if that makes sense?
Bump
"
however with 1k life and about 6k ES w/ burning damage I'd still need around 16% ES regen

81% resists say hello?

1000*0,19=190. 190 ES regen is about 1-2 regen nodes and vitality.

As for running it as life, it is very doable with +max fire res gear and ruby flask(s), but yes, the damage isnt very good. However, just like any other spell, it can't just fit in to any/every situation.
"
Details wrote:
"
however with 1k life and about 6k ES w/ burning damage I'd still need around 16% ES regen

81% resists say hello?

1000*0,19=190. 190 ES regen is about 1-2 regen nodes and vitality.

As for running it as life, it is very doable with +max fire res gear and ruby flask(s), but yes, the damage isnt very good. However, just like any other spell, it can't just fit in to any/every situation.

Your math is wrong, I said WITH burning damage, meaning 1000*2.5 = 2500

2500*0.19 = 475 regen per sec

Lets say you have 8% ES regen

100/8 = 12.5*475 = 5937.5 ES Required, thats w/o the Gem and I meant to say 6% extra, not 16% - my bad.

And yes it's doable w/o any burning damage inc but then it's not worth using. Plus I'm not expecting it to work into every build/situation, the only build it works into is Low Life Shavrones. I was hoping I could make it work into my burning damage build however I found out that it'd be suicidal, I don't think it's too much to ask for that otherwise there's no real point in it having the fire AoE.
Last edited by LilLaskaris on Jul 22, 2013, 7:31:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info