Season Three, Event 66: 45 Minute Immolation Party

This league has the Immolation Mod.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about Race Season Three, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 19: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 17-18: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 15-16: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 12-14: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 9-11: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 6-8: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 4-5: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:

• Alternate Art Blackheart Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Sin Trek Unique Item (10 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Shavronne's Pace Unique Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Leather Belt (1 available to be won)
Only five races in the next 96 hours? Over a weekend no less? Not a good thing for us non-hardcore players with 8-5 jobs. Please don't forget about us.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
OldeSchool wrote:
Only five races in the next 96 hours? Over a weekend no less? Not a good thing for us non-hardcore players with 8-5 jobs. Please don't forget about us.

No offense but... that's sort of dumb. Look at next week. 8 races over mon-fri (5 days). Then look at Saturday/Sunday. 7 races in 2 days. Week after that? 20 races in 5 days. Sat/Sun - 10 races. Just because this weekend happens to have fewer races doesn't mean GGG isn't worried about people with full time jobs.
Meow.
"
Meowington707 wrote:
"
OldeSchool wrote:

No offense but... that's sort of dumb. Look at next week. 8 races over mon-fri (5 days). Then look at Saturday/Sunday. 7 races in 2 days. Week after that? 20 races in 5 days. Sat/Sun - 10 races. Just because this weekend happens to have fewer races doesn't mean GGG isn't worried about people with full time jobs.

I don't think it's dumb at all. It's just OldeSchool's opinion and I happen to share it. I'd like for there to be more of the less than 2 hour events on the weekends. That is when I am available and I can't usually dedicate half a day to playing video games, as much as I'd like to.

That said, I realize this season's schedule is already set. If there is a better place to provide this feedback I would be happy to comply.
I'm pretty sure the reason why this week is so light on races is that the last time people complained about having to choose between putting time into all the short ones and the weeklong race; and it hurting their ability to maximize point collection as a result.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner wrote:
I'm pretty sure the reason why this week is so light on races is that the last time people complained about having to choose between putting time into all the short ones and the weeklong race; and it hurting their ability to maximize point collection as a result.

I'll bet that this is exactly why this week's schedule is so sparse. Flip side, though: if you can't invest time in the one-week, you're pretty much stuck for options insofar as racing. Not sure I understand the value of a one-week format: you have to reach 50 for 2 points, 60 for 5. That's a fair amount of grinding for a relatively small reward...again, this seems aimed at the hardcore player with plenty of free time.

I'm a casual player, but still managed 260-plus points last year between my main and my alt. The changes in Season 3 (fewer events, fewer prime-time options) have made it pretty much impossible for me to make any kind of a run at a top-100 finish (which was my goal for this go-round) and has tipped the scale heavily in favor of the players without 8-5 jobs...at least here in the US East.

This is far from a Big Deal in the grand scheme of things, but I had taken quite a liking to racing, and it's tough to see something I enjoy being made so difficult to access. I know the schedulers can't please everyone, but it would be nice to have at least one 8-5-friendly option available every night.

And thanks for the support....and no, I didn't take offense to the "kinda dumb" remark; probably could have been put better, but "kinda dumb" is kinda tame when it comes to forum-speak. No harm, no foul.

Hmmm...wonder if a mod could move this to the "event feedback" forum?
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Had these drop from Hillock:

I didn't bother IDing the robe, but movement speed boots :D

Then, had this drop:
I have never played Diablo 2 or Diablo 3...

I have played FATE and it's successors, though, and I'm told it's similar to Diablo.
Suddenly, 19th Templar solo in a party race. o_0 Pretty sure that's the first for me.

These probably helped:

<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
#42 #12 templar i losst like 19 positions due to jumping to city but still pretty good result.

Got chaos , ms buts (buy), quick silver from drop.
"Having a Key, having a game, Playing all day"
Life is just a game.
IGN: Twitch/Tox2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info