How can I install/copy PoE onto a USB drive?

I tried running the PoE installer, and it won't let me install directly onto my 16 GB flash drive. My laptop was recently stolen, so I use my flash drive to run the game on my university's computers. I tried to copy the game folder to my USB, but that didn't seem to work.

Help! How do I get this game onto a portable device? Is it possible to burn it onto a DVD?

Hey,

Id like to see how you burn a game on DVD and run it on a public PC ... bump?

Once theres an release version there will be probably a way to make it portable. Although theres a lot of registry entries atm (at least on win7). So it wont be easy ;)

Regards,
Mike
All you really need to do is install the game, and move the Path of Exile folder to your flash drive. You'll have to run the installer on every PC you use the game on, but you won't need to patch it, and the installer itself is very small and doesn't add much to the PC. Once the installer has run, you can play the game off your flash drive.

Note that your settings and login details are saved in a file in your My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile folder. You probably want to remove that after playing on a public PC! The password is hashed, but someone else could install the game and log on to your account.
Balance & Design
Howdy,

"
Note that your settings and login details are saved in a file in your My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile folder. You probably want to remove that after playing on a public PC! The password is hashed, but someone else could install the game and log on to your account.

Besides that you'll need administrative access to do such changes in the file directories. Depending on how 'loose' the User restrictions are on your Universitys PCs.

Have fun!
Mike
Thank's !

And be sure the USB key is NTSF formated.
P.S. Work very for me, no more "lag" at the entry of a new instance...
Hi if i play from usb , can i unninstal poe from pc ? Or my Question is how i can patching game ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info