Throw (melee weapons become projectiles instead of unnecessary additional weapon types)

I see a lot of people suggesting polearms and throwing weapons lately. Many propose the idea that there should be throwing weapon types, but I disagree: throwing weapons should be available as a skill gem. It's so much simpler; the throwing weapon types are just thrown versions of weapons we already have (besides polearms) anyways.

• Throw
    Attack, Melee, Projectile

Creates an ethereal replicate of your melee weapon to be thrown as a projectile at your enemy.

Deals X% of Base Damage
    X% Reduced Projectile Speed with a Two-handed Weapon

Clearly this means you'll be able to utilize projectile supports it. There could also be some sort of boomerang attack. Some sort of ancient Maraketh practice would be pretty damn cool.

Edited out a modifier pointed out by VictorDoom.
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jun 30, 2013, 10:41:42 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Jun 27, 2013, 9:11:27 PM
"
iao wrote:
I see a lot of people suggesting polearms and throwing weapons lately. Many propose the idea that there should be throwing weapon types, but I disagree: throwing weapons should be available as a skill gem. It's so much simpler; the throwing weapon types are just thrown versions of weapons we already have (besides polearms) anyways.

• Throw
    Attack, Melee, Projectile

Creates an ethereal replicate of your melee weapon to be thrown as a projectile at your enemy.

Deals X% of Base Damage
    1 Additional Projectile
    X% Reduced Projectile Speed with a Two-handed Weapon

Clearly this means you'll be able to utilize projectile supports it. There could also be some sort of boomerang attack. Some sort of ancient Maraketh practice would be pretty damn cool.

I suggest this following for throw ability
40% less damage while dual wielding
40% less attack speed while using a two handed weapon
cannot be used with a bow neither with wand
With dual wielding, it would likely be that you alternate weapons, so a specific modifier really isn't necessary since it's just like with only one one-handed melee weapon, just a little faster because of the dual wielding bonus.

Two-handed weapons already have slower attack speed so it probably wouldn't be necessary to slow them down further. However I do think their projectile speed should be slower, so that's why a reduction to it is included.

Also, it's already required that you use a melee weapon, as stated in its description (just like how some state only certain weapon types can be used with other attacks).

Thanks for the response!
same name in-game
I would still rather have throwing weapons. Throwing knives and tomahawks are just badass. And the idea of a char throwing some big 2h mace is ridiculous.
IGN EntropicThunder
Perhaps if weapons are given the same treatment as helmets, we'll see versions of our current weapon types more fitting to be thrown. For example, the 1.5 attacks per second axes (Siege Axes,there's also already one called Tomahawk, etc.) and 1.6 attacks per second daggers (Poignard, Ambusher, etc.).

I'm sure GGG would love to make throwing weapon unique items and passive skill tree nodes as well, especially for the weapons most commonly use for throwing.

And honestly, I think the idea of a Marauder launching a two-handed mace sounds completely awesome. In fact it seems cool for every melee weapon type. Claws used like shurikens/ninja stars would be crazy awesome!
same name in-game
dwnq
same name in-game
+1

skill gem weapon throw sounds awsome! projectile dmg etc also nice idea
ign: ALLRAUDER
"
+1

skill gem weapon throw sounds awsome! projectile dmg etc also nice idea

+2
Thanks you guys!
same name in-game