Totem Question/Dual Flame Totem

Just a quick question. for those experienced with totem builds. I run a Dual Flame Totem Templar and while planning my build, I was wondering how important or how much of an impact the few totem nodes in the middle of the passive tree are. What I'm really looking at is the increased totem range, since ranged enemies tend to sit at the end of my flame totem's range and they just get tickled occasionally instead of having their faces burned off.

Also, I've noticed on many dual flame totem builds, people don't seem to pick up the Elemental Dominion node, why is that?

Any other suggestions, build advice, or opinions will also be appreciated.
"
TehHypocrite wrote:
Just a quick question. for those experienced with totem builds. I run a Dual Flame Totem Templar and while planning my build, I was wondering how important or how much of an impact the few totem nodes in the middle of the passive tree are. What I'm really looking at is the increased totem range, since ranged enemies tend to sit at the end of my flame totem's range and they just get tickled occasionally instead of having their faces burned off.

Also, I've noticed on many dual flame totem builds, people don't seem to pick up the Elemental Dominion node, why is that?

Any other suggestions, build advice, or opinions will also be appreciated.

not 100% sure, but i think increased totem range just increases the range at which your totems "see" the enemies.

in order to increase the distance your flame totems projectiles travel, you need to get increased projectile speed (gem or gear)

as far as tips for flame totem, i'd be tempted to say that incinerate might be better, i'm not sure but you might want to level up both gems as you go and play around with it. also, gems like added lightning are very strong in flame totem/incinerate totem. additionally, any gem or passive that says "x chance on hit" is very very strong because those 2 skils hit ~10 times a second or more. gems like knockback, blind, or using quality added lightning, quality added cold to apply status effects are also strong.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
thank you for the reply, and now i have more theorycrafting/research to do xD Guess I need to play around with incinerate. From what I've read, most people feel that it's better. Does incinerate have the same basic mechanics as flame totem besides stage build up? Like if I were to support it with Added Lightning Damage, would it still proc shock as quickly as flame totem?

And what about the totem life node in the middle of the tree?
Not worth it, unless you are already pathing past it to get to the ranger area..

also the 15% increased "see" range is pathetic. as all totems start with a "see" range of 100, getting it to 115 really does not impact at all. it would be easier to just recast your totem a bit closer.
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Use fire traps to deal with those pesky ranged mobs. You can also use projectile weakness while sandwiching them inbetween your totems to knock them back and forth from totem to totem.

You can get by pretty darn well with just using the fire traps, Those flame totems cost a lot and are hardly needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info