How to build a physical wander

So far the essential bits I've figured out are:

CI / Ghost Reaver Passive Tree:

Click Me

Version 2 with Iron Reflexes, Thanks Crushertoxin

Skills:

Power Siphon (Normal Intruders In Black) + Faster Attacks (Merciless Merveil) + Added Fire Damage (Merciless Medicine Chest) + G or LMP (Normal Sharp and Cruel) + Chain + Life Leech (Cruel Medicine Chest)

Frenzy / Power Siphon + Faster Attacks (Cruel Sharp And Cruel) + Added Fire Damage + Increased Critical Damage (Normal Merveil) OR Additional Accuracy (Normal Sever The Right Hand) OR Culling Strike(Cruel Sever The Right Hand) etc.

Auras are a combination of Hatred, Clarity (Normal Brutus), Discipline (Cruel Hillock), Grace, Determination, Purity, Haste (Merciless Brutus) <- Arranged in order of importance, descending order.

Curses are a combination of Warlord's Mark, Temporal Chains, Enfeeble (Normal Lost In Love), Vulnerability (Cruel Lost In Love), Projectile Weakness, Critical Weakness

Miscellaneous skills include Blood Rage (Cruel Brutus) and Raise Skeleton + Spell Totem (Cruel Merveil) + Minion Life

Questions:

1. Anything I missed?
2. I've only played an elemental wander before. Any significant differences between the two builds in playing that I should know of?
3. Is CI / Ghost Reaver / Blood Rage better than life / EB for this build?
4. Additional suggestions are more than welcome.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jun 7, 2013, 5:43:56 AM
I wouldn't use chain especially on a physical build. I prefer Pierce and projectile weakness for easy 100% Pierce. Definitely gmp if you do that though.
"
haplessG00N wrote:
I wouldn't use chain especially on a physical build. I prefer Pierce and projectile weakness for easy 100% Pierce. Definitely gmp if you do that though.

Any particular reason why you wouldn't use chain?

I would agree if chain puts each hit at less than 600-700, as a max armour of 930 for any monster in the game isn't really any signficant motigatiom against physical damage.
Passive tree added. Looking forward to feedback!
"
So far the essential bits I've figured out are:

Power siphon + faster attacks + added fire + G or LMP + chain + life leech

Frenzy / power siphon + faster attacks + added fire + whatever you like

Auras are a combination of hatred grace determination purity clarity discipline

Curses are a combination of warlord's mark, temporal chains, enfeeble, vulnerability, projectile weakness

Passive tree should probably be Shadow start, grabbing most of the crit nodes and wand physical damage nodes while going through the Witch area slowly towards the Templar area.

1. Anything I missed?
2. I've only played an elemental wander before. Any significant differences between the two builds in playing that I should know of?
3. Is CI / Vaal Pact / Blood Rage better than life / EB for this build?
4. Additional suggestions are more than welcome.

that's exactly a guy I'm leveling right now.
you need to build a strong mana engine, so I snuck down to get that mana regen in ranger, and the nodes in witch, as well.
I use discharge with that, occasionally, and I'd like to get blood rage working when I have enough leech/loh coming back --- I'm only about lvl 30.

I;m working through the witch +power charge, and would like to get up to bully.

I've also got some added cold, and might get that 5% freeze node.
"

early game will be tough to support a modded siphon with just mind drinker, I think.
I suppose you could always get mana regen and spec out later as you crawl up the tree.
"
EomMage wrote:
"

early game will be tough to support a modded siphon with just mind drinker, I think.
I suppose you could always get mana regen and spec out later as you crawl up the tree.

Yeah, the build will probably require Clarity until late late game. I'm planning to get Clarity as soon as possible.
Baamp
If you're going for physical damage hatred seems like a good option. Shouldn't matter that you're not particularly aiming to buff elemental damage. Hatred is kinda like an increased physical damage aura except you get the bonus of it being cold damage (and the small downside of not leeching, but no big deal)
If you're going for wand, tempest shield is nice as well.

I'd choose those two over haste. Haste is nice but it's so expensive.

Also, physical wander doesn't need to be ES/CI/GR, but if you want it to be that's fine.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Jun 7, 2013, 12:28:27 AM
"
Xapti wrote:
If you're going for physical damage hatred seems like a good option. Shouldn't matter that you're not particularly aiming to buff elemental damage. Hatred is kinda like an increased physical damage aura except you get the bonus of it being cold damage (and the small downside of not leeching, but no big deal)
If you're going for wand, tempest shield is nice as well.

I'd choose those two over haste. Haste is nice but it's so expensive.

Also, physical wander doesn't need to be ES/CI/GR, but if you want it to be that's fine.

Yeah, I probably should've clarified that I arranged the auras according to how important I think they are, descending order of course. I put Hatred as the top aura.

I overlooked Tempest Shield completely. Might be interesting. Thanks for the headsup.

Yeah Haste I really don't think is good enough to warrant a spot, but I put it there for inclusion sake.

Reason I went for CI is that I noticed that the Shadow to Templar path has A TON of intelligence nodes and very very very very little armor and health nodes. I feel that if that's the path to be taken, it's pretty much impossible to go Life build. What is your idea on that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info