high life RF build is useless now

with life node, endurance charge, inner force and elemntal adaptation nerf, now people that use high life RF (use max life pool for damage) is useless, while people that using low life RF build (shavrone chest + rf + all other low life equip and benefit) continuosly being buffed mostly every patch with new unique that benefit for low life and spellcaster, not to mention that this low life RF build already being most OP build atm

why GGG make unpopular high life RF build useless while popular and OP low life RF build continously being buffed? can GGG member please explain this to me? cause iam using high life RF build, thanks

edit: i have some suggestion: make RF damage based on 100% max life instead of 50%, and do something about that 3% max resist loss from elemntal adaptation, but i dont have any idea for that yet

i think high life RF build need a buff, not a big nerf that can make it useless, why?
because this build was already unpopular build compared to LA ranger, FP, low life RF, ROA, ground slam marauder, dual totem spark, dual totem ice spear, ele cleave, EB templar, LS CI/templar, and other build that we know are very popluar, and why is high life RF unpopular?

1.u need rise of the phoenix shield, all regen node + elemntal adaptation, and lv 20 purity + vitality to sustain RF without losing life, and achieving lv 20 purity is not easy, u must be lv 80+ to make it lv 20

2.high life RF build have a high risk like all other melee build, because RF ring of fire without inc.aoe support gem is really tiny, so u must always face to face with monster in order to kill them

3.high life RF user can killed instantly when enemy cast curse like flammibility or elemntal weakness

4.RF gem cant be linked with other support gem EXCEPT inc. area of effect, just that one support gem only, this make it less powerfull compared to other skill gem, especially when u want to farm rarity, because IIR and IIQ gem also not work with RF

5.inc burning damage from gem or passive node do increase ur RF damage, but it will also increase the damage U TAKE per second

6.early game before u can maintain RF, u must popping ruby flask all the time in order to survive

7.late game when u have rise of the phoenix, all regen node and EA, and lv20 purity+vitality, finally u can sustain RF, even when all of that is done, high life RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, because its do damage based on 50% of ur max LIFE, so example u have 5k life at lv 80, so u just do 2.5k damage MAX, because u must also calculate enemy fire resist, so if enemy have 50% fire resist, u just do 1.25k DPS, that is REALLY LOW compared to other build at that level

8.thats why its really needed RF to be always-on skill, because if its not (like before rise of phoenix is introduced), high life RF build must struggle when PARTY because they NEED to kill in order to sustain the "popping ruby flask ritual", but that was not an easy task because RF DPS is LOW compared to other build, its become worsen with new patch that nerfing life node and EA, high life RF build is officially dead because they must do that popping ruby flask ritual again, this time its harder because lower life mean lower survivability and lower damage
Last edited by aristolholy on Jun 8, 2013, 5:33:48 AM
How did low life Shav's get buffed? If anything it took a hit from the nerf bat.
IGN: ElementalApex
Last edited by Agent956 on Jun 3, 2013, 11:55:11 AM
"
Agent956 wrote:
How did low life Shav's get buffed? If anything it took a hit from the nerf bat.

it get buffed not from this patch, but from most of older patch, the buff come from new unique that benefit for low life and spellcaster
RF needs to be completely reworked because even before these changes the skill was utterly impractical early to mid-game and late game required niche builds with Shav or Phoenix shield uniques. Worst the vast majority of people with RF builds use it because of the spell damage modifier while the burning aura is largely arbitrary.

A skill that requires uniques to even be effectively used is a skill that needs to be redesigned.

"
RF needs to be completely reworked because even before these changes the skill was utterly impractical early to mid-game and late game required niche builds with Shav or Phoenix shield uniques. Worst the vast majority of people with RF builds use it because of the spell damage modifier while the burning aura is largely arbitrary.

A skill that requires uniques to even be effectively used is a skill that needs to be redesigned.

true, and its worsen now with elemntal adaptation nerf
They should simply delete RF Gem now, it is not useable anymore.
"
Fumina wrote:

It is usable on RF-Shavronne builds, but you can't afk, you need to keep on fighting to leech back lost hp.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"

Can't agree more.
the 80% "more" spell dmg is apparently too OP.
And it keeps everyone trying to reduce their max hp to lower the burning damage to both themselves and enemies, because it is useless.

This skill need to be re-do .
IGN: Nelufier
Personal Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/197439
In GMT +10:00 AU time zone
"
Fumina wrote:

its unusable anymore but i dont think deleting RF gem is a good idea since i already spend all my time and energy to build that pure life RF build until lv 86, and its useless now...even when they grant all player free passive refund, most of my equip is obselete now
pure life rf is useless you say...
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info