Lowering the graphics?

When in a party of 4 or more I endure horrondeous framerate. My friend spoke of a method in which I can edit the graphical settings to lower than the options in game by editing a .ini file. I am fairly sound at making such an edit but I wanted some guidance / confirmation, I obviously don't want to mess things up or get it wrong :)

Some instruction would be wonderful

Thanks in advanced!
Confirming. Lowering the texture quality can help your performance.

My Games -> Path of Exile -> Production_Config.ini -> Texture Quality.

0 = High
1 = Medium
2 = Low
3 = Very Low
4 = Runescape circa 2004

You can go lower than that, I believe. I've seen somebody mention having their texture quality on 30 or something ridiculous. At that point textures are replaced with single flat colours though.
IGN: CorpsejackMenace
Okay well currently I have the lowest options available in game, what does this translate to in the terms of the numbered options you just gave me. I want to help myself out but I don't want to feel like I'm on a game boy again. Thanks a lot for this!
I've just tried following these steps and unfortunately I had little luck. Unlike instructed I had to go to My computer > C Drive > Program Files > Grinding Gear Games > Path of Exile and then;

I have a folder called logs, redist and shadercache. The client itself, followed by

-Content.ggpk
-Crashupload.exe
-HashCache.Dat
-ogg.dll
-OpenAl32.dll
-PackCheck.exe
-vorbis.dll
-vorbisfile.dll
-wrap_oal.dll

This Production_Config.ini file is nowhere to be found, I am using Windows XP. Can anybody assist me on this please?
/Documents and settings/My Games/Path of Exile
Okay ill take a look now, never noticed this document before where will I find it?
If you're on Windows 7 or later, you will find it in C:\Users\Your Profile\My Games\Path of Exile\ rather than C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile\...
"
Drakier wrote:
If you're on Windows 7 or later, you will find it in C:\Users\Your Profile\My Games\Path of Exile\ rather than C:\Documents and Settings\Your Profile\...

Windows Vista or later. The path changes were done in vista for Home/Desktop operating systems from Microsoft.
Vengeance of the Fallen
"
SoulForge wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

Windows Vista or later. The path changes were done in vista for Home/Desktop operating systems from Microsoft.

my mistake. shows how often I use Windows. (I've never used Vista)
"
Drakier wrote:
"
SoulForge wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

my mistake. shows how often I use Windows. (I've never used Vista)

Hopefully no one does anymore. It was too resource intense when it came out and caused issues on lower end machines that actually did meet the requirements.

On top of poorly written drivers it was a mess.
Vengeance of the Fallen
Last edited by SoulForge on May 30, 2013, 7:41:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info