10 Things You Might Not Know About Towns & NPC's (Lore & Easter Eggs)

Here's a list of 10 things that may not be obvious, but may be interesting about Shore Encampment, Forest Encampment, and their residents.

Act 1
  • Shore Encampment is the ruins of a lighthouse named Lioneye's Watch.
  • The residents of Shore Encampment are using a boat for a roof.
  • They wrap their dead in chains because everyone who dies becomes a zombie.
  • There is an exile in Shore Encampment who audibly weeps if you're standing near him.
  • For all his adventures around the camp, Tarkleigh can't seem to find a right boot that fits.

Act 2
  • Forest Encampment is a dam on Lake Constance.
  • The Emperor's Road runs across the Forest Encampment dam on its route from Axiom Prison to the Broken Bridge and beyond.
  • Every NPC in Forest Encampment wears clothing made from a different animal, each pelt still having the head attached.
  • The tattoo on Eramir's head is very similar to a symbol seen on the Noticeboard in both acts.
  • The Noticeboard in Forest Encampment has a party listing which includes some developers' names. The other names seem to be German. Their party is named "Badass Boss Run" and is running Axiom Prison (which is odd because that's in Act 1).

Hans
    Fritz
    Otto
    Karl - dev
    Uwe
    Christopher - dev
    Max - dev

The German names could be a reference to Uwe Wilhelm's play Fritz! in the Hans Otto Theater.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
First in the credits!
How do you know this rare wisdom Oh Wise One?
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
Well, we do play the game occasionally.

Also, the forum's got a media section; I believe there's a map of Wraeclast in there somewhere.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
You can read quite a bit of things on the in-game map if your resolution is high enough.

I spend too much time zoomed in, running around and admiring the art and hidden things. And doing things like discovering why it's good to not wear pants.
First in the credits!
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
  • The Noticeboard in Forest Encampment has a party listing which includes some developers' names. The other names seem to be German. Their party is named "Badass Boss Run" and is running Axiom Prison (which is odd because that's in Act 1).

Hans
    Fritz
    Otto
    Karl - dev
    Uwe
    Christopher - dev
    Max - dev

This isn't entirely correct. The notice is for a 'Brutus Boss Run' and then (in German: funf nach halb drei teilnehmen) it informs group members that the boss run will begin at 2:35. All the names listed are indeed dev names.

Also, on the Shore Encampment noticeboard is a piece of paper that reads "le verge du ciel" which is French for "the rod of the sky".

I can pick out bits and pieces of the other papers but nothing significant.
Forum Sheriff
I don't know German, but the most I could make out from it was Badass Boss Run, and that just sounds better :)
First in the credits!
As far as I know those are just arbitrary names and not dev names. The artist who drew that texture is indeed German though.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Moar loar, plox! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info