Is there any point to keep racing once you reach your goal in points?

Is there any point to keep racing once you reach your goal in points?

For example, lets say I am aiming for the Tabula Rasa reward at 360 points. By my estimation I can probably get that near the end of the season. Next reward is impossible to get given the timeframe because of the wide points gap in between them. But lets say there are some races left after I reach 360 points. Is there any point in doing the rest besides for competition?

I am asking because Im not pro enough to compete with the top players, so I dont really care about my ladder placement. I set my goal to get the rewards. So is there any rewards at the end of the season based on our points?

I read somewhere the racing points will be accumulated for every season and we can use it to trade for items or something like that. So is this correct? I tried to look for that statement again but I cant find it. Maybe I misread the race announcement. If anyone can confirm or say otherwise, that would be great. Thanks.
IGN: WereJackal
There will eventually be career points (presumably the sum of all your season points), but it has not been implemented yet.

Also there are the raffle prizes, such as 20 Karui Wards distributed at end of race.
Career points? Where did you read this?
IGN: WereJackal
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/171489

"
Chris wrote:
There are prizes for reaching lifetime reward points thresholds as well. Lifetime reward points are not reset between seasons, so if you play in many seasons over the life of the game you’ll be able to win some awesome rewards. We haven’t yet announced the schedule of prizes for lifetime reward points, but it’s coming soon!
beside career points and season summary giveaways, there's also

-the chance to use the (hardly really simulatable) race conditions to get (even) more practice
-the additional chance for the event item lottery
-the chance of getting lucky drops while racing (especially quality gems, rare uniques and high currencies)
-the option to try different things (builds/ways) than usual - especially in the special event modes.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info