Selling a skill gem should be worth more

Don't you agree? Even on a Level 1 Skill Gem we should receive more than a piece of Scroll Of Wisdom.

Selling high level Skill Gems should carry large rewards. You worked your butt to build those Skill Gems so, I would like to see a Level 8 Skill Gem get me at least a Jeweler's Orb, or even an Orb Of Alchemy.

Thoughts?
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Jewelers or alchemy is a bit too much, maybe a chromatic. 3 gems of 3 colors should give a chromatic for example.

Come to think of it, there is always shortage of GCPs. They could introduce GCP shards(10 or 20 make 1 GCP). For every gem 10 gem levels sold you get a shard. So if you sell 4 level 8 gems that makes total of 32 levels so you get 3 GCP shards.

This way, term "orb farming" has a more literal meaning because farming means making things grow :)

At the very least, you should get 1 scroll fragment for each gem level.
I agree. Esp. with gcp fragments.

However, instead of skill gem level, make it level required to use said gem. Otherwise beginner gems would be easier to farm.
Since skill gems are given as quest rewards, they're far too easy to farm if players feel that it's worthwhile.
Forum Sheriff
I don't think they should sell well on their own, certainly not for prism shards, but I'd like to see them used in more recipes.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
I don't think they should sell well on their own, certainly not for prism shards, but I'd like to see them used in more recipes.

I don't know, selling 200 levels worth of gems to get one GCP seems like a lot of work. If that seems too easy, maybe make it fusing shards instead since there is not fusing recipe yet.
We're working on better gem sinks for the future!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
The concern brought by tpapp157 didn't cross my mind. Indeed, farming a Skill Gem with a new character is easy, but as I said, selling should take into consideration the level of the Gem.

So, in light of this, I'd say keep LVL 1 gems as 1 Scroll of Wisdom (instead of fragment) and only give a better reward for LVL 2.

I heard some vague rumour that there may be an actual skill vendor in the future. If I could trade X blue gems for a level X/? blue gem of my choice, that'd be incredibly cool. And my stash would look a little less like an RGB screen after a brutal encounter with a hammer.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
LOL @ RGB Screen. That's how my first Stash tab looks like too ::- D. But I'm gonna keep that because I want to have Skills available for new chars.

I don't know about that rumor but it sounds cool. And the idea to trade Gem Levels is AWESOME. I like it even more than the idea to sell 3 Gems of a color to get one of another color.

Imagine it like the Gem's Energy, gathered through hundreds of kills. Then, a skilled NPC would take it from one Gem and put into another. Sort of like Soul Gems in Morrowind ;;- ).

Of course, some of the energy would be lost. Say, for 10 Skill Levels, you would only gain 5 in another Gem, or only 2 in a Support Gem. This should also take into consideration experience thresholds, of course, so if you're using a Cleave Gem to level-up a Blood Rage gem, it should be much harder.

Last edited by Kyliathy on Jun 17, 2012, 6:34:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info