Engine Multithreading can't be turned on since new patch

Well basically that. Since this new patch, option is forced to be turned off and this really made my game so much laggy and having rough 30fps while playing it.

I'm on Mac M2 16GB RAM and never had an issue.
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2024, 5:29:59 AM
I have the same issue. The option can be turned on but the settings cannot be saved.
Same issue here... Not sure why this is happening.

M3 Max here...
Same issue here. I'm on a M1 2020 Macbook Air. I'm getting 22fps in the ledge. Also, dynamic resolution and entity culling aren't there anymore in the options, which makes the game even more unplayable :(

I hope you guys can release a fix for this, i'd love to be able to play this league ! <3
Yeah, I'd like to bump this to try to get some insight, I have not played since ancestor league, but the performance is laughably worse since then. I am not sure what has happened, my game use to run smooth a butter on my Mac. I am still trying to force it, but the stuttering is killing me.
"
The_Lobster wrote:
Yeah, I'd like to bump this to try to get some insight, I have not played since ancestor league, but the performance is laughably worse since then. I am not sure what has happened, my game use to run smooth a butter on my Mac. I am still trying to force it, but the stuttering is killing me.

It's playable most of the game, open big areas and hubs are a pain in the ass. But this bug changed the game, before the patch it was running awesome and without any fps drop.

I located the options file in /Library/Application Support/Path of Exile and guess what: Multithreading=True but in-game it's still OFF and can't be turned on
"
alex1xor wrote:
It's playable most of the game, open big areas and hubs are a pain in the ass. But this bug changed the game, before the patch it was running awesome and without any fps drop.

My son has an old pc xeon 8c/16t (same speed of ryzen 5 1600x) with a RX580. This PC used to run ok (60-70fps) until the past league. Now in this league Settlers, he cant run well with multi-threading enabled, it got cpu latency peaks of 280-500ms in cities, what reduces the fps to 12-14 with many frame-skips. So he disabled multi-threading but is still bad: outside the cities the game run at 40-50fps

I think something is broken in this update
hey ggg, is there any chance this might get fixed? playing the league with sub 30fps really takes the joy out of it :/
Have the same issue. On the begging of company it was somehow possible to play with it, now on maps it is impossible ):
"
Other Changes

Enabling Engine Multithreading on macOS when using the Steam client has been disabled while we investigate a client crash.

I guess you didn't read the patch notes
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info