3.25 | Cold Snap of Power Archmage Hiero | 15mil DPS | 100k+ EHP | League Starter PoB

Link to Video Showcase (Bosses & Mapping) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyOGvVDLKU

PoB - https://pobb.in/gQ-VeVEvgfAS

** Read the Notes section first in PoB **

PoB has League start, Budget and Endgame sets/loadouts, be sure to follow according to your progression.

Tried this build right before 3.25, it's a good mapper, quite tanky, decently easy to gear at league start, the uniques in the endgame setup should be affordable around 4-6 days into the league.

Cold Snap of Power has 320% Damage Effectiveness, 10% Base Crit Chance (1 of the only 3 skill gems with this high base crit), it does have a downside of a 3sec CD, but we easily bypass it with investment into Crit Chance (Mainly Power Charges) with a goal of having 100%, and linking it with Spell Echo for 2 hits per cast.

We level the build with Arc untill we reach the requirements to switch to Cold snap of Power (Details in the PoB's Notes section).

When you first enter a map/boss fight there might be a chance that your first cast will go on cooldown, we can handle it by having a 3 link with Storm Brand + Power charge on Crit + Increased Critical Strikes, 1 cast and you go up to maximum power charges and you're good to go.

Offense - 9 Power Charges, ~8.5k mana with Archmage and Arcane Cloak, Wrath aura, Conductivity, Sigil of Power with huge AOE.

Defense - 100% Spell Suppression, 4 Endurance charges, instant life and ES leech, 3.5k+ life, 3.5k+ ES, 8.5k+ mana with 50% Mind over Matter and Corrupted Soul, splitting damage taken into: 25% life, 25% ES, 50% Mana. 75% all resistances, 50% Phys dmg reduction from hits, 5.5k Arcane cloak shield, 3.5k Frost Shield.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the Video's comments section, i'm mostly active there.

Good luck!
Last edited by PrettyCasual on Jul 29, 2024, 3:44:14 PM
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2024, 4:56:07 PM
thanks, will give this a go
Hi, i realy like your build.
How do you curse in your setup ? Do you just self cast it on bosses?
Last edited by Andy1988 on Aug 2, 2024, 9:59:06 AM
"
Andy1988 wrote:
Hi, i realy like your build.
How do you curse in your setup ? Do you just self cast it on bosses?

Hi, glad you're enjoying it. Yes, self cast Conductivity. You could get Conducitivty on hit on a ring (Either conquerer explicit mod or an Implicit synthesis mod), but the on hit version is only lv.1, so you sacrifice dps for QoL.
Last edited by PrettyCasual on Aug 2, 2024, 12:57:23 PM
i removed inc aoe in sigil of power setup.
using conductivity + hex bloom for mapping. thats nice actually
"
Andy1988 wrote:
i removed inc aoe in sigil of power setup.
using conductivity + hex bloom for mapping. thats nice actually

Interesting setup, although I haven't been experiencing any problems with DPS while clearing maps, I only use it for bosses.
Last edited by PrettyCasual on Aug 2, 2024, 1:47:52 PM
What do you do for ailments with this build?
"
RinLafleur wrote:
What do you do for ailments with this build?

Purity of elements until you craft 50% chance to avoid elemental ailments on boots plus Ancestral Vision (Need to get 100% spell suppression first), or craft 100% chance to avoid being shocked on boots plus Stormshroud. When you get boots+jewel for ailment immunity, switch purity of elements for Wrath.

Please read the Notes section of the PoB it's all written in there :)
Last edited by PrettyCasual on Aug 2, 2024, 9:57:18 PM
Fun build so far, thank you! I am on level 42. I have a question about skill gems. I'm following the PoB link, and it says:

Wrath
-Power Charge On Critical
-Spell Echo
-Increased Critical Damage
-Increased Critical Strikes
-Lightning Penetration

Obvs PCoC is just listed twice, but, are these supposed to be for arc? Under arc it says:

Arc
-Archmage
-Inspiration
-Elemental Focus

In general, could you please clarify the gem setup for 38-68?
"
amlethuss wrote:
Fun build so far, thank you! I am on level 42. I have a question about skill gems. I'm following the PoB link, and it says:

Wrath
-Spell Echo
-Lightning Penetration

Obvs PCoC is just listed twice, but, are these supposed to be for arc? Under arc it says:

Arc
-Archmage
-Inspiration
-Elemental Focus

In general, could you please clarify the gem setup for 38-68?

Wrath
-Spell Echo
-Lightning Penetration

These skill gems are under "*skills to level up in off hands/free slots*" for later use.

as you stated, arc needs to be linked to Archmage, Inspiation, Ele focus.
Last edited by PrettyCasual on Aug 11, 2024, 2:06:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info