[3.25] Armageddon Brand of Recall Autobomber - Brand Recall Autobomber

Introduction
This is my take on an autobomber with lots of explosions! The build automatically summons Armageddon Brand of Recall and then triggers Brand Recall to activate them all!

League start POB (what's used in video and gif): https://pobb.in/W0hzVl_iZuCQ
Delirious Forge of the Phoenix: https://youtu.be/471FRj_pfm8

Pros & Cons

+ Fast mapper
+ Autobomber with explosions!
+ League start viable
+ SSF viable
+ No temporary league power is used in any of the showcases (see tab for league specific suggestions)

- Short range
- Low single target early
- Have to hold down another key besides movement

Settlers of Kalguur League Specific

Spoiler
For runes I recommend either Cover with Ash (frees amulet), Shrine Buff every 10 seconds or +1 to level of all fire skill gems. Recombinators make it much easier to craft the rares (especially the staff).

Build Mechanics

Spoiler
Armageddon Brand of Recall
Spoiler
Armageddon Brand of Recall relies on summoning a large number of brands and then using Brand Recall to activate them all. To summon a large number of brands we socket Armageddon Brand of Recall into a staff with the temple drop only modifier "Trigger a Socketed Spell on Using a Skill, with a 4 second Cooldown" combined with crafted cooldown recovery on belt (eventually Eldritch implicit on boots too), duration scaling from the passive tree and two Remarkable (35% chance to summon an additional brand when you summon a brand) cluster jewel notables. We hold down Automate so we're constantly using a skill. This lets us maintain 7 active brands!

Brand Recall
Spoiler
Now that we've got 7 active brands, we use Brand Recall linked to Automate (a different Automate than than the one in the previous section) to constantly recall our brands! We scale Brand Recall cooldown recovery with the Sign of Purpose ascendancy notable along with brand passives and the brand mastery to get the cooldown down to ~1.1 second.

Managing Mana Cost
Spoiler
Armageddon Brand of Recall has a relatively high base mana cost (27) and Brand Recall spends 20% of the recalled brands costs. To solve this we invest in reducing mana cost of skills in the passive tree along with Honourhome and the life mastery to convert 15% of the mana cost to life.

Starter Gear

Spoiler
Mandatory Items:
Staff with "Trigger a Socketed Spell on Using a Skill, with a 4 second Cooldown" temple modifier
2x medium brand cluster jewel with Remarkable

Recommended Items:
Armageddon Brand of Recall
Xoph's Heart's Heart
Honourhome
Belt with cooldown recovery rate

General Rares: Prioritize getting elemental resistance capped and life.
Flasks: No required flasks, recommend Life Flask with Corrupted Blood/Bleed immunity, Quicksilver Flask, Jade Flask, Quartz Flask and Granite Flask

Skills

Spoiler
Armageddon Brand of Recall (Transfigured Gems recommended but not mandatory)
Armageddon Brand of Recall - Fire Penetration - Arcane Surge - Immolate

Brand Recall
Automation - Brand Recall

Auras
Anger, Determination

Curse
Flammability

Other Skills
Flame Dash, Wave of Conviction - Combustion

Hold Down Automation
Automation - Steelskin

Leveling and Transition

Spoiler
Leveling as Rolling Magma into self cast Armageddon Brand and Cremation which is excellent on league start and doesn't require any respec points outside what we get from mainline quests.

Havoc Cremation Armageddon Brand leveling video

Leveling POB: https://pobb.in/gcUBkpbe0-3H

Transition to self-cast Armageddon Brand of Recall as soon as you hit maps (can do it earlier if you have the gem). Then, once you get a staff with "Trigger a Socketed Spell on Using a Skill, with a 4 second Cooldown" and two medium brand cluster jewels with Remarkable transition to an autobomber setup.

Upgrades

Spoiler
Upgrades (loosely ordered)
1. Start to quality stuff (gems, flasks, catalyze)
2. Add eldritch implicits to rares
3. Get Anathema, add Punishment, Assassin's Mark and Elemental Weakness
4. Upgrade staff to 6-link (consider Cane of Kulemak)
5. Link Enhance to Brand Recall
6. Upgrade Body Armour to a better rare (consider Lightning Coil or Brass Dome)
7. Add a large cluster jewel setup (look for elemental/fire damage leeched as life)
8. Upgrade to better rare gloves
9. Craft better medium brand cluster jewels (still with Remarkable
10. Craft Stygian Vise with 20% increased cooldown recovery rate and get an Abyss jewel with increased cooldown recovery rate (drop some duration nodes on the tree)
11. Craft boots with the Shaper/Crusader modifier 15% increased cooldown recovery rate (elevated double influenced with tailwind/elusive ideally)
12. Get a Watcher's Eye with good Anger/Determination modifiers
13. Unallocate Elemental Overload and pick up Serpent Stance and Arcane Potency clusters
14. Get better jewels
15. Upgrade ring with +minumum endurance charges rings along with other high tier modifiers and path to Stamina
16. Imbalanced Guard Impossible Escape
17. Upgrade to rare staff with + levels of socketed gems and other high tier modifiers
18. Corruption hunt on uniques
19. Get Ashes of the Stars
19. Get a better Watcher's Eye
20. Awakened Support Gems, Empower,
21. Get Forbidden Flesh/Flame (lots of good options, personal preference)
22. Mageblood

Other Autobomber Guides

Last edited by Juminoh on Aug 9, 2024, 3:39:32 PM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2024, 3:34:04 PM
Hey Thanks for the build! I am starting maps now and I feel kinda squishy. Do you have any recommendations of how I could try to fix it?

Also do you have a finished gem setup in mind cause in the Skills section there are a just the starter ones?
"
Schoefi1993 wrote:
Hey Thanks for the build! I am starting maps now and I feel kinda squishy. Do you have any recommendations of how I could try to fix it?

Also do you have a finished gem setup in mind cause in the Skills section there are a just the starter ones?

I'd try to get some more endurance charges (first by pathing on tree + anoint and then Kaom's ring and ring with +1 minimum endurance charge) and look for high tier rare bases (can roll with lots of armour).

Yep, can take a look at upgrades section but tldr is more curses, 6-link and enhance.
Can you even get "Trigger a Socketed Spell on Using a Skill, with a 4 second Cooldown" in 3.25?
"
Niller2005 wrote:
Can you even get "Trigger a Socketed Spell on Using a Skill, with a 4 second Cooldown" in 3.25?

yes, you get it from the hidden area in refinery in act 9

edit: didn't notice the nerfed cd, what a bummer
Last edited by dragomob on Aug 6, 2024, 8:41:26 AM
How squishy is this in actual gameplay? or rather which one of your autobombers is the least squishy? i am considering grinding for one of these in ssf, but i am awful at deciphering what enemies are doing on screen.
I am playing this build right now, and no, as far as I can see, there is no way to get the trigger craft anymore.
The one you unlock in the refinery has an 8 second cooldown, which makes this full autobomber impossible as far as I‘m aware.

I‘ve made a few adjustments so far and playing it as a selfcast with recall brand linked with automation and it still feels nice enough though.
Last edited by QueenWaffles175 on Aug 6, 2024, 6:21:03 AM
"
Niller2005 wrote:

Yep, here's a trade link to demonstrate: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Settlers/BldMnZ3T8
Sorry about the late reply, the 4 second trigger craft is still in the game but it can't be unveiled anymore and is a drop only temple modifier now.
What am I missing here.. why are we socketing arcane surge if we get it from arcane blessing already?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info