3.24 G00fy_goober's Strength Stacking Original Sin Berserker Wander

Note: If you have any questions pertaining to the build. Please post them here or if you want feel free to ask in stream. Please do not PM me in game or on forum as you will not get a response.

Stream: Feel free to stop by my stream at twitch.tv/goof1313 if you have any questions about builds or guides. Always happy to discuss them on stream or answer any questions you may have.

ALWAYS READ THIS FIRST!!
ChangeLog
TBA

Intro
I have never done any kind of stacker build or played any kind of wander. After looking up a ton of information this is the build I decided on and having seeing how ridiculously fun it was I 100% wanted to do a guide on it. Also was nearly impossible to find relevant and updated information on it and get all the questions answered I needed to. Lucky for me I found out soon after that Empy was also doing a str stacking original sin wander this league (talk about lucky). So between asking him some questions, watching some stream/crafting stuff, and digging into every corner of reddit, posts, videos I finally was able to piece everything together.

Thus the build was born and it has been so much fun. Hoping to share that info with others out there in case they ever want to spend a crap ton of money on a build and have a blast doing it.

Leveling
Leveled as a hollow palm smiter with all twink leveling gear. This build is not good as a leaguestart or as a leveler. That being said as the first time I ever did smite or hollow palm that shit was the most fun leveling I ever had and was by far the fastest leveling I have ever done.

Gear breakdown & Stat Prioritization
Best to refer to POB as it is much more organized and fully up to date but will leave quick examples/explanations here.
Helm
Typical str stacker blizzard crown. You absolutely need the Accuracy rating equal to your strength and elevated for the increased crit as well. Add in a nice flat str roll and crit multi along with life. This helm does it all.

Weapon
Flat damage per str implicit is much stronger than % spell dmg per str implicit but other can be used especially at start. Any flat ele roll is fine but as we use volatility gem, lighting is the best. Add in spell damage, crit multi, pen, str+int, and crit, and you have one absolutely disgusting wand. The power charge on kill implicit is just the added cherry on top.

Shield
Redblade banner shield is an absolute must. Corrupt I just chose to get a bit more life but any old shield is fine. Used solely for the warcry stuff on it.

Chest
Iron Fortress is another must and pretty cheap to buy. Gives max block for str stackers, a ton of str and damage.

Boots
Replica alberons gives a ton of added damage along with % str. Chaos res and movespeed are also present making these booties always BIS for str stackers.

Gloves
Some fingerless silk gloves with a whole bunch of socketed gems gain "X" stuff. Makes our 4-link single target barrage skill actually more like an 8-link skill and then can still get slower projectiles ontop of this as well if you want to spend a whole lot more.

Belt
Mageblood is the go to here like most GG builds. The defense, offense and utility power is just crazy. The super movespeed really helps with this build as it only gets 25% from boots and gets reduced movespeed from iron fortress. Build also needs a lot of resistances that it is lacking along with as much crit as it can get to skyrocket your damage. Mageblood is pretty much required for this build.

Jewelry
Original sin is by far the most expensive item and probably the most powerful unique in the entire game but holy hell is it strong. Turning all of your ele damage (blizz crown, flat ele rolls, wand) all into chaos damage and then setting all nearby enemies chaos res to 0 which can than be further penetrated. Add in a rare % str to give some more life/dmg and more str/attributes along with crafted - mana cost. Simplex amulet is very expensive and very hard to make even if you have the currency. I got EXTREMELY lucky in crafting it but would otherwise suggest people just buy one.

Flasks
Can essentially go w/e you feel like, but as stated under mageblood description itself, having high movespeed/crit/resistances is very needed and we add in some attack speed and onslaught as well.

Jewels
Jewels are all over the place for this build. There is a lot of uniques and lot of str stacking jewels. Best to refer to POB but a quick rundown is:
- 2x Split personality
- Forbidden flesh/flame
- Watcher's eye
- Emperor's Might
- Emperor's Mastery
- Inertia
- Lethal Pride
- 2x Rare jewels one with corrupted blood immunity

Gems & Links
6L Setup: Kinetic Blast - GMP - Inspiration - Volatility - Chain - Inc Crit Dmg
*NOTE* Awakened versions of gems will be used later
3L Setup: Automation - Blood Rage - Vaal Molten Shell
3L Setup: Vitality - Arrogance - Precision
4L Setup (Gloves only): Barrage - Volatility - Void Manip - Inc Crit Dmg
4L Setup: Call to Arms - Battlemage's cry + Sniper's Mark - Mark on Hit
4L Setup: Determination - Berserk - Enlighten - Purity of Elements

Crafting

Weapon
1.) Start with a synthesis base. Flat damage per str is better than the % spell damage per str but you can totally start with the % spell. APS is very important. I personally wouldn't get anything under 1.4 aps base.

2.) Essence spam with deafensing essence of woe. This gives high spell damage and you are looking for HIGH flat ele damage. Easiest to look at the top of the wand in game as it will show up as red/blue/yellow (fire/cold/lightning) damage respectively and is easiest to see rolls that way. If your going for your perfect end game wand, wait till you hit t1 ele dmg and lightning is BEST because we use volatility but any ele roll is fine in reality. If your not going for perfect than t2 is fine.

3.) Make sure the wand does NOT have a third prefix, if it does you have to try and annul it off. If you fail, start spamming them essences again. If you have an open prefix then craft suffixes cannot be changed and veil orb. If you get a suffix you failed so have to suffixes cannot be changed and scour to get rid of it and then suffixes cannot be changed again and try again. If you hit a veiled prefix which is what you want you have a 100% chance to get chaos pen.

NOW PREFIXES ARE DONE

4.) Now you make a choice. How much money do you want to spend and do you want to have a chance to brick your wand? Or buy hinekoras locks. So if you are not going for your crazy 100% perfect double-triple synth base wand you can very simply just multi mod here and add on attack speed + str+dex+crit chance and call it a day.

5.) If you want to go more, you do prefixes cannot be changed and reforge speed. There are 3 speed mods you can get projectile speed, cast speed, attack speed and we are looking for attack speed and hopefully t1. Usually reforge speed will only give you 1 mod and if you miss you can simply prefixes cannot be changed + scour and then prefixes cannot be changed + reforge speed again. HOWEVER like 1 in 10 or something it will reforge speed and fill all 3 suffixes. If this happens you will have to annul and hope or start crafting essences again or you will have to hinekora lock + annul off a random suffix.

6.) Assuming you hit a t1 attack speed or at least t2 and you want to stay you can decide again if you want to just craft str+int+crit chance and exalt slam hope or w/e or you can keep going. Then you would do prefixes cannot be changed again and aug crit which has a 50% chance of removing the attack speed we just tried so hard for or a 50% chance to remove the prefixes cannot be changed (which is what we want). Basically this step is literally the hardest. If it removes attack speed (50% chance) we lose. If it doesn't give us crit multi then you have to prefixes cannot be changed and annul and hope for the 1/3 to remove the crit. This can get extremely expensive. If you remove the meta mod prefixes cannot be changed you just try again, if you remove the attack speed welp you have to go back to step 5.

7.) Basically The TL;DR here is if you are going for a 2-3 high implicit wand and are not trying to craft your own mirror weapon then just save up and mirror someone elses. Just getting the prefixes on the wand and multi modding is very good wand until you can mirror a triple synthesis one.

Simplex
1.) Start off with an ilvl 80+ warlord simplex amulet. Split is fine, make sure it is not corrupt or mirrored or already 2 influenced. If it is any other influence that is fine, you can harvest randomise influence easily enough until you get warlord. Use 1 socket resonators with fundamental fossils until you hit T1 strength %.

2.) You have to clean the amulet and make it magic. To do this first annul off any mod that is not the str %, if you annul wrong one just roll it again. Once it has just the str mod on it you have to do suffixes cannot be changed (even tho theres no other mods) and then scour it. This turns the amulet into a magic simplex amulet with just the str % mod. Then make an imprint of this amulet so you can always revert to this step.

3.) Take any shaper amulet of ilvl 68+ and roll with fundamental fossils until you get t1 attribute %. If it gets a 2nd influence mod try to annul off and if you fail reroll. Once you have just % attribute mod Awakener orb this random amulet first onto the simplex amulet. This will give you the % str and % attribute mods + some random other mod more than likely.

4.) Now this gets expensive trickey. Now you have to either annul off the random mod or keep it if it is another prefix your happy with like life or w/e. You can also try to annul (1/3) and hope to remove the random mod and you can craft - mana cost of skills which some people like. Personally mana was never a huge issue with leech so I never bothered. If you want to go for the next step brace yourself for a long haul.

5.) Our last mod we need is the damage per str warlord mod. After having to hit (1/3) annul you are left with a shaper/warlord amulet with %str and %attributes. That means you have a 2/3 chance of failing the annul, in which case you have to use your imprint to go back, reimprint it, get another shaper ammy, and re awakener orb then try to annul again.

After you annul the proper mod and have just the 2 left you have to craft suffixes cannot be changed, then harvest reforge an influenced item with random mods including an influence modifier. You have something like a 1 in 20 to hit the mod your looking for. The problem is the second it hit's wrong you have to try to lucky annul off the mod and go again because the amulet being a simplex is now filled up on mods so you can't craft suffixes cannot be changed agian unless you annul off the mod it just added with the reforge.

So you have to annul off that mod and if you fail you have to go back to the imprint and get another shaper ammy, re awakener orb, re lucky annul, readd suffixes cannot be changed, spend 5k juice + sacred life force and try again.

This can be pretty tedious and can get pretty expensive. Anyway should be about 1/20 to get the mod you want. Now between the cost of rolling last mod, the crafting costs, and the cost of the base of the simplex itself you can just mirror one and depending on league/prices should be close to same cost.

No No Map Mods
- This gets a little weird. Once you are fully end game geared and doing a ton of damage.... this build can do any map mods. But will call out a few here to watch for or might be annoying. Starting with the biggest couple:

Cooldown recovery reduced/Buffs expire faster - literally like 90% of our damage comes from battlemages cry which is up all the time. When you roll either one of these 2 mods (cooldown is much worse than buffs expire faster) there is a period of time that you don't have the warcry for. Now if your just normal mapping and have a LOT of damage, this is really not an issue but until that point these mods can be super annoying.

No regen/Less Recovery/Reduced Aura effect These are mostly fine but as we run blood rage on automation if we can not regen our life we slowly take damage. If you are not hitting/leeching you will eventually die... though it is very easy to just pop out blood rage gem and stick it in your inventory until map is over. Or if you know you have to keep going and don't randomly afk you can leave it in and just keep hitting/killing mobs and then finish map fine.

No leech This mostly is not an issue but you will not recover your life and you cant super spam your attack as you have to regen your mana. 99% of time it is fine but if you happen to get a map that is something like no regen + no leech it is x10 the annoyance.

Annointment
Disintegration. Our crit is not maxed out on this build and having 60% crit chance and 30% multi is a HUGE dps increase for us. This node is also known to make us slightly smarter.

Bandits
Kill all for the +2 passives. Honestly don't even think this is required to be put in guides anymore. How many years has it been since someone actually got something besides the +2 passives lol.

Ascendancy Points
Aspect of Carnage > Flawless Savagery > Blitz > War Bringer.

Pantheon
Minor God - Abberath. I Like being immune to burning ground especially when I have no regen on map mod or w/e.

Major God - Soul of Solaris. Avoiding crit if you have been crit recently is great plus some reduce ele and phys dmg if certain conditions are met.

Feel free to change this as needed or use whatever other gods you would like to worship.

FAQ
TBA

Hope you all enjoyed the guide and hope it allows many of you to enjoy poe even more. If you have any questions/comments feel free to post up but make sure you have FULLY read the guide. Happy farming my fellow exiles!
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Jun 3, 2024, 11:52:08 AM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2024, 4:12:13 PM
Video Guide made and published! Enjoy all.
Crafting added for weapon + simplex amulet.
With the changes in 3.25 with Battlecry being baked into Kinetic blast or something already,

1. is Maruder still a good ascend to go?
2. Is redblade banner still the shield to go?

I do play on Standard if that counts
"
theremix2010 wrote:
With the changes in 3.25 with Battlecry being baked into Kinetic blast or something already,

1. is Maruder still a good ascend to go?
2. Is redblade banner still the shield to go?

I do play on Standard if that counts

Not a clue, there was a LOT of wander changes and need to thorougly investigate and see what is going on. I would assume crown of eyes is going to be used again. While KB actually got buffed without the warcry conversion our barrage dps is non-existent. With crown of eyes it goes from like 10 mill to 100 mill so assuming that is going to be the play again but not sure yet.
Ahh i see, so Our AoE clear has been buffed big, but single target dived a bit?

I havnt brought my crown helm yet, Im still leveling the maruder, 52 atm, but i have my wand, Osin, Mageblood, replica boots all waiting,

So sheild would i look into a different sheild im guessing to stack more Str?

or would i still go redblade?

well with myself on standard i can look for a Enchanted crowns, which enchant would be most ideal? a kinectic blast based one, or Barrage based one?
I wish you were saying how to craft that amulet to begin with
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
rel4us wrote:
I wish you were saying how to craft that amulet to begin with

It's in the guide, under crafting.
Can you update the build now with the battlemage changes and asendancy change for berserker?
"
CarNiVooRa wrote:
Can you update the build now with the battlemage changes and asendancy change for berserker?

Been too busy playing and working, haven't even looked into the str stacking stuff at all and won't be anytime soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info