3.24 "Old Man Yells at Vortex" | Rage Vortex of Berserking | Berserker | All content viable!

Path of Building links
10-15 div budget: https://pobb.in/oOmoOO0F4SPI

Endgame (~50 div): https://pobb.in/-L3VObOZvhUF

Ruetoo’s super high investment version (mageblood): https://pobb.in/vpsESthBlREx

This build is a map clearing monster which achieves high uptime of Rage Vortex of Berserking (RVoB) & Berserk. The build is also capable of killing Pinnacle, t17 and Uber bosses, making it a decent all-rounder build. This variant of the build became possible in 3.24 due to the return of the Tattoo of the Tukohama Warcaller (8% increased Warcry Cooldown Recovery Rate).

I suggest a budget of 10-15 div to start the build. Therefore this is NOT a beginner's or a league-starter build. There may be a way to do the build on a far lower budget, but that will not be covered in this guide. The endgame POB tops out around 50 divines.

After I posted the build to Reddit, I learned that the streamer RueToo has also made a high investment Mageblood version. I’ve shared his POB above for those who want to elevate the build even further, all credit for that version goes to him.

Build Strengths
  • Great map clear: big AOE and 270% movespeed while Berserking
  • All rounder that can also handle endgame bossing
  • Deal damage while moving, “fire and forget” playstyle
  • Well rounded defenses (90% all res, 100% phys taken as elemental, 100% suppression, ailment immune, curse immune)
  • midgame weapon is affordable in the ~3 divine range

Build Downsides
  • Optimal gameplay requires attention to cooldowns (Berserk, Phase Run, and Ambush)
  • Dependent on Ancestral totem buffs for single target (like all melee skills)
  • Defenses are difficult to obtain in league start scenario, before Tides of Time is available
  • Fine tuning gear requires close attention to high rolled res & attributes
  • Life recovery is dependent on leech, instant leech and life flasks - low recovery for boss immune phases
  • weak to elemental penetration and -max res

Mechanics & Playstyle
Rage generation
RVoB and Berserk both consume Rage per second. The higher your Rage generation, the smoother your mapping experience will be.

Beresker's War Bringer node allows warcries to generate Rage per enemy power. Redblade Banner causes your warcries to have infinite power (i.e. infinite Rage generation). General's Cry has a low inherent cooldown and this build uses warcry cooldown tattoos to get the CD to ~1 second. Every 1 second, you will gain max Rage if your Rage has dropped below 25. The end result is, you can end up sustaining RVoB for over 30 seconds. Demo video.

Snapshotting
RVoB will snapshot the buff from warcries, Ambush, and the damage buff from War Bringer. These buffs will affect the ENTIRE duration of RVoB. This build automates General's Cry so it is constantly consuming and gaining rage to take full advantage of War Bringer's damage bonus. Ambush is used before every cast of RVoB in order to get a huge amount of crit chance and crit multiplier.

Phase Run
While the primary duration of Phase Run is active, you will get a 30% damage boost to your RVoB. Even though the gem text says the buff is only active during the secondary duration, this is NOT the case with my recent testing in patch 3.24. Demo video.

In order to sustain Phase Run 100% of the time, this build uses Blood Rage while mapping, and the Sword mastery against bosses (8% chance to gain a Frenzy Charge when you Hit a Unique Enemy).

Using any ability while Phase Run is active will cause Phase Run to deactivate. However, triggered skills (Call to Arms, Automation, and Cast when Damage Taken) do not deactivate Phase Run. If you wanted to make the build even smoother, you could Automate the majority of skills in this build, including Berserk, in order to keep Phase Run active at all times.

Playstyle
Activate Blood Rage & flask buffs at the start of the map.

1) Use the "Main Combo": Ambush - RVoB - Phase Run.

Repeat throughout the entire map when these skills are off cooldown. Since these 3 skills are ALWAYS used together, it could be a good idea to put them right next to each other on your skillbar.

2) Against a tanky rare monster or a boss, switch to Blood Stance, place your Ancestral Warchief/Protector totems, then Berserk. Then, repeat the Main Combo.

3) Throughout the fight, repeat the Main Combo every 4-5 seconds.

Note: Recasting your Main Combo while you already have your RVoB active will cause your RVoB's Rage drain to reset to 3 Rage/second.
Comparison to other variants of RVoB
  • Regular selfcast warcry w/ Redblade Banner - Clunky playstyle, requires timing of warcries to get War Bringer buff. Just use my autocast build instead.
  • Cleave of Rage / RVoB: Requires alternating abilities, on top of warcry/Ambush for exerted bonuses. This leads to a very button heavy playstyle. This variant also has lower rage generation than the others listed below. This variant demands investment into max Rage (i.e. Bear's Girdle) which precludes the use of Tides of Time belt, sacrificing defenses.
  • Shackles of the Wretched / Chains of Emancipation with Cyclone / self curse - Loses two gear slots for Rage generation and consequently has to sacrifice a lot of defenses.
  • Kaom's spirit w/ life regen investment - Far lower Rage generation than Chainbreaker variants.
  • Regular (non-mana stacking) Chainbreaker w/ mana regen investment - Can get about 10-15 Rage/second, gear requires a lot of investment into mana regen suffixes which eats into the defensive budget. Clunky playstyle because using any other abilities will deplete Rage.
  • Mana stacking w/ Chainbreaker, Manastorm shield - Typically built as an Ascendant or Hierophant. Has a harder time getting capped spell suppression & physical mitigation, and most variants of this build have lower eHP. However, this build can get ~50 Rage/second.
Current Gear

Leveling

This build is not designed for league starting. As a second character, this build is most easily leveled using Hollow Palm technique. If you want to run as sword and board the whole way, you level with splitting steel.

You can switch to RVoB around level 70, after you have acquired the minimum required gear (see next section) and have roughly this skilltree. (The Deep Breaths wheel can be replaced once you have enough warcry CDR tattoos)
Gearing Priority

Minimum required gear
Redblade Banner
Marylene's Fallacy
Tattoo of the Tukohama Warcaller (as many as possible. Ideally x18)

Upgrade priority for 10-15 div budget
Tides of Time belt
3 divine sword (see crafting suggestions below)
Gear to cap spell suppression
Chaos resistance gear (aim for >0% chaos resistance on character)
Lightning coil

Upgrade priority for endgame/aspirational gear
3 mod large cluster jewels
Forbidden Flesh/Flame
Watcher's Eye with Pride Impale mod
If you cannot find Watchers Eye with the purity of fire mod, find a Lethal Pride with %phys taken as fire.
The Green Nightmare
Ancestral Vision & ailment avoidance gear
Lightning Coil corrupted with reduced crit damage taken
Endgame sword (see crafting suggestions below)
Sword Crafting Guide

3 divine sword
Start with fractured jewelled foil with T1-T2 added physical damage
Deafening Essence of Zeal
Orb of Annulment to remove all prefixes and leave one open suffix
Benchcraft Can Have up to 3 Crafted Modifiers, %phys / chance to impale, Hits Can't Be Evaded

Endgame sword
1) Start with fractured jewelled foil with T1 added physical damage. Perfect fossil to 30% quality.
2) Deafening Essence of Zeal until you hit T1 global crit multiplier
3) Orb of Annulment until you have only attack speed & crit multiplier on the sword
4) Suffixes cannot be changed
5) Veiled orb.
6) Craft %inc fire, cold or lightning damage to block caster mods
7) Unveil %phys/chance to impale. If failed, craft "suffixes cannot be changed," scour, and go back to step 4.
8) craft Hits Can't Be Evaded
9) Tempering orb until desired mod

Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Apr 30, 2024, 5:25:45 AM
Last bumped on May 4, 2024, 10:32:27 PM
Hello really love the build so far, I'm doing Ruetoo's version and I don't know if I'm doing enough damage
Here's my PoB:
https://pobb.in/MyOODCZZDcaq

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by vincentstorage on May 1, 2024, 3:26:00 PM
Where does all damage come from? im doing like 15k dps xd
Build is great so far, only negative is the defenses in the transition from 15 to 50 div range.
I just figured out this tech myself, it's pretty neat. It's a shame there isn't room for an Enhance on the Ambush, that would give you an extra 10+ base crit and let you replace the diamond flask and maybe some crit nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info